Friday, January 28, 2011

While I Was Sleeping…

I had visions of hill repeats and bike rides rolling through my  head.

Isn’t that sad?

I felt pretty crummy yesterday and today only a teensy bit better. I still don’t think I will work out today. I think it’s best to get better and not push it. I have an annoying cough and I am just exhausted. I pulled the trash can up from the curb yesterday and felt like I had just ran 10 miles. I came in a took a nap.

Luckily, according to the book I’m reading regular naps can help us reach peak fitness faster! Yep, science says. I’m not going to argue!  If you are doing two-a-day workouts you can workout in the morning, take even a short 30 min nap at lunch then do your evening workout. During your nap your body releases growth hormones that help your muscles recover. And even if you workout once a day a nap can still help. So see? Let’s all go take a nap!

Do you take naps? Ever?

And for the random photo of the today I went back to 2005 when we lived here before and LB was a baby, aren’t he and Lazy Dog the cutest things ever? This was on my mind since LB and I watched a movie yesterday, Cool Dog, about a boy who had a German Shepherd. Don’t see it, especially if you have a sick, emo 5 year old who also has a German Shepherd. LB cried three times during the movie because it was sad. And I agree, it was sad. It was even sadder to see LB crying…

image

Sorry about the boring post…tell me something interesting, something funny…please. I feel like I’ve been cooped up for days.

17 comments:

  1. I have never been much of a napper except in extreme circumstances - i.e. I took the best nap EVER the day of the half marathon at Goofy when we had a full coming up the next day. It was heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! I hope that you feel better asap. I have never been a napper. I know! What a horrible mean thing that has happened to me. Even with three babies, I was not able to nap when they napped. I'll keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE naps during the summer, just not during the school year. I'm not good at short naps so my intended 30 minute nap almost always turns in to 2-3 hours, then I wake up grumpy. OOPS!
    I'm not feeling all that great. No fun. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben and Jerry's send the waste from making ice cream to local pig farmers to use as feed. Pigs love the stuff, except for one flavor: Mint Oreo [smart pigs] ;)

    There are more chickens than people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said, "Interesting". ;)

    There are more plastic flamingos in America than real ones.

    When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got stopped by the police yesterday during work. Apparently people in the town I was working in at the time are very jumpy and suspicious. The cop and I had a laugh about it and he let me go - I was completely within my rights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to take naps whenever I can so no I don't take naps :( Get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I take less and less naps now that the kids are getting older and I'm getting better nights of sleep. I try not to use the alarm clock as much anymore and sleep until my body is really ready to get up. It's NICE!

    Something funny. I was stretching in the stairs yesterday and heard some strange noises coming from the table in the living room. I took a peek and found the dog drinking out of the fishbowl...whoops.
    That poor fish looked DESPERATE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naps seem to mess up my whole sleep cycle now-a-days! I won't sleep at night if I nap during the day! But back when I was a younger grasshopper, like in high school, I took naps. They were AWESOME! But I was swimming and playing water polo all the time, I was working out 2 times a day for 2hrs a piece! Hardcore! My hubby LOVES nap time... I say if you feel it, go with it!

    The tri book I am reading agrees that sleep speeds recovery! It also said that hardcore athletes (like yourself) who work out a lot get sick more often when they skimp out on sleep. Its the only time your body has time to work on keeping you healthy because in wake hours you are constantly on the go! So take a few days, slow down, rest and get back out there!

    P.S. I love reading your blog, you inspire me to keep on pushing myself. You motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get bettr!! I love LAZY DOG!!!

    I felt like using your signature pose after my hill workout :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally feel ya!I feel like a SLUG (after dealing with the flu for a week)have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVEEE naps. Especially in the spring/summer during golf season when it's Sunday afternoon and kinda warm and Jim Nance is whispering you sweet nothings in your ear. I mean, he's analyzing golf swings. Right.

    Sometimes I come home from work and have 'a coma'. My non-lazy dog and I snuggle on the couch, and we both pass out for about an hour. I wake up not knowing what time it is or where I am. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fail at napping. It always takes me so long to fall asleep anyway, and once I nap, I'm pretty much done for the day. I don't wake up well, either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry don't take naps, unless you call that thing I do at night a nap.

    Can I offer you a challenge? 2-minute Burpee Contest
    The lunges worked so well for my running stride that I though a challenge going the other way would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you feel better soon, how are the two menz feeling?
    I am going insane and honestly kind of mad that I haven't been able to work out. I'm feeling a little better today as well, taking Zicam and drinking lots of water. But I still have that annoying cough too. Ugh..
    I am not so much a nap person, but sometimes they feel so great.
    Some good news.. My bike computer came in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish I had funny things to tell you but I am BORING. Hope you feel better soon chica!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails