Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Flip Side of my Pillow…

Is cool, especially when I have a fever. It’s almost too cool.

Today LB and I both are home sick. Insert Rest Day #2. Or is it even considered a Rest Day? I guess more like Sick Day. I tried so hard to stay away from the sickies living in my house (The Hubs is sick too, bless his heart he can’t stay home). I guess I could tell I needed to take the day off yesterday, I felt tired and then last night the fever started. What was it I said in yesterday’s post? Overtraining can lead to getting sick? Right…..I’m convinced. I don’t have time for this jazz. I’ll see how the rest of the day goes.

On a brighter note, Jodi from Runjodirun emailed me and asked if she could highlight me for Thumbs up Thursday!!! I have never been highlighted before so this was really fun and exciting!! Check it out if you want to HERE!! Thanks Jodi for taking the time to get to know me and putting me in the spotlight for my one day of fame!!

On a training note, I tried to read Chapter 2 of the Tri Training Bible last night but I ended up flipping around and reading random parts. Of special interest to me was the chapter on nutrition and fuel. An interesting fact I learned is that a study of Olympians by the International Center for Sports Nutrition compared the diets of Olympic medalist with nonmedalists. The only significant difference was that the winners ate more protein than those who did not win a medal. To be honest, this section did say that animal foods are the most efficient and effective way to get the nine essential amino acids in protein, ounce for ounce. But it was compared to plant sources. The verdict is still out for protein supplements. I used the equation to determine that I need about 3.6 ounces of protein a day. 3.5 oz of chicken breast has about 1.05 oz of protein. 3.5 oz of tuna has .82 oz of protein, a whole egg has .42 oz. So really, yes, if I am cognizant of my food intake I probably can get sufficient amounts of protein from food. But some days I don’t eat chicken, eggs, tuna, cheese or steak. Yeah, I never eat steak actually. I don’t eat read meat, rarely if ever.

I feel like I want to tell you everything I am reading but that would be impossible. The book is really long. If you are interested my local library has a copy. I bet yours does too. You should check it out!! Ha ha get it? Check it out….

And for the random photo of the day, this was in Tacoma and LB was creeped out by it. I wonder why? I thought it was awesome.

image

Well, off to crawl back into bed and snuggle with my little hot box of  a son. What do you like to do when you are home sick?

22 comments:

  1. I'm sorry everyone in your house is sick. It was my pleasure to spotlight you! You truly inspire me. Your answers were fantastic! I especially loved the one about who you admire most. I respected your geniune honestly and admiration for yourself. We all need to take lessons from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleep and watch movies. Hope you are all feeling better soon! Take it EASY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better and don't overdo it coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the flip side of my pillow! I flip at least once a night! Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are both feeling better soon! Rest up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flipside of the pillow. Hope you both feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOO to sick days! Grace is home sick, too. I had to take off work, so we are watching America's Funniest Home Videos and House Hunters. Later we will do spelling and multiplication. Fun times.

    I hope you both get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pic looks like it should be a scene from MIB. Honestly, I'm a little freaked out too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My house is down with the flu :( hope yall feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry to hear you are sick! Hope you all get better soon! That picture is totally creepy, but cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that sounds like a LOT of animal product.

    Hope you and your crew feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOpe you all get better quick! I hate forced rest days...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you're sick, hope you kick it to the curb soon!
    I try to rest when I'm sick but its so hard because I always want to get stuff done I'm behind on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww...I'm sorry you're sick. I'm sick too and I know how much it sucks!! Drink some tea and get lots of rest! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just getting over being sick.
    Every time when my long runs are past 10-miles and am about 2 or 3 weeks away from my half marathons, I get sick too! I hate it.
    I get home from work, got showered and stayed in bed, watching documentaries and falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so hate being sick! I hope you feel better soon.

    I stay in bed and watch movies. But mostly I sleep....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad we can' cach ur cooies online :) When I'm sick, I like o read in bed. No long books like he one ou're ring o force on us! HA :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are already feeling better!!

    I've been through a LOT of exercise-induced illnesses. It's funny how working out can really help keep illness away, but at the same time it can be the cause of the immune system decline. Yet another fine line to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Feel better soon!!! It is smart taking some time to rest! Your body will thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails