Monday, January 10, 2011

Off to a BAD start.

Today is Day 1 of Week 1 of my Half Iron training. I am off to a bad start, already.

I worked so hard over the last few days perfecting my plan, getting everything just so, perfect, manageable, and even coordinated with Breaking Pace and Jessica for our long bike rides. Today I was ready to hit the ground running with a swim and a spin class. Excited about it even!

It didn’t happen and wont happen. At least not today.

LB’s school was cancelled last night (they love doing that WAY in advance) and already for tomorrow. The Hubs is home from work today too, due to a winter storm. It is beautiful but everything is closed down, including the pool on post and the gym with the spin class. Dumb.

snow

image

I love LB. He cracks me up constantly.

Too bad we haven’t purchased the bike trainer yet. Today would have been a PERFECT day to have it set up in front of the living room window so I could watch the huge snow flakes fall, oh yeah and watch a chick flick at the same time.

I guess I’ll shoot for a short run in the snow. That could be fun and certainly better than nothing. I’m sure we will take a family hike out in the woods behind our neighborhood too.

I need to get on schedule. I have laps to swim, bikes to ride, and pavement to pound people! Don’t you know I don’t have time for this wintery nonsense? I’m moving to the tropics.

17 comments:

  1. It really doesn't look like that much snow to be an off day for school and your husband. really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! It's maybe 2 inches right now. It is coming down in big fluffy flakes. I think the roads were icy? And school was cancelled as of last night at 8 PM. There wasn't an ounce of snow or ice at the time. So strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too hard on yourself/training! You will get there and have the opportunity to train to be ready for the race! If not, read my EagleMan 70.3 post - you will feel A LOT better about yourself/training :-)

    Happy Training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some places call for snow...here we are on unless the National Guard needs to be called in! However I am doing a snow dance for Wednesday...a day off sounds nice even though we just went back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have some wintery weather here too that's interrupted my training plan. I really should get a treadmill, because a 7 mile run in freezing rain is just not gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stinks! Try for a snowy outdoor run. At least it's something! It's not your fault everything was closed down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weather is always getting in the way this time of year! Hope you were able to enjoy a run.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe they closed schhol for this!
    I am from Quebec where we have winters that never end and it takes a blizard to close school there..!!! anyway! I get why you are upset I would be to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know! I was all amped to start with my swim training today, then the "snow storm"... Ahhh and I just got the message that I have tomorrow off as well. Not that I don't appreciate a day off, however.. that means the pools is closed *sigh*...
    I made up some run time and cross training today, but I feel bad about changing my workout schedule on Day 1 already..

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was started to feel bad for myself that I couldn't run this morning either, but I was just looking at a race in Lander Wyoming that is eleven miles through the snow. Maybe you should use the weather to your advantage and train for a new kind of race? You're hardcore, you can take it;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Days like that stink. That's usually when I'm REALLY in the mood to work out. Maybe I make myself think that since I know it's not an option. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its tough when the unexpected (cold/snow) comes along. You'll get your great workouts in in no time. Just pick up a quality bike trainer and you'll love riding indoors (course with an mp3 player or some good DVD's to watch).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate it when unexpected stuff messes up my plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't live where we can call any "Snow Days" - they sound pretty cool though! Hope you can get back out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ADORABLE picture!!! I wish we had snow days in San Diego!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must be in the Southeast if school was cancelled for that! Ha!

    LB is ADORABLE!!!

    You'll get your training in girl! You are a ROCK STAR! Hollar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's definitely frustrating to not get a good run in. It just dumped a ton of snow on my area as well. Fortunately, we have a trainer so I did my cardio on that. Hope you can run soon!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails