Sunday, January 2, 2011

All righty then…

Happy New Year everyone!

Do you have your goals and resolutions done? Are you ready to conquer them? To tackle them? Take the bull by the proverbial horns?

I accomplished a lot in 2010 that I am very proud of. I pushed myself for half marathon PR in March and then again in June. I broke the 2 hour mark on my birthday in the hilly and difficult Mercer Island Half with a 1:56.09. The feeling was indescribable and Mel-Tall Mom was there to give me a hug and share the moment. I will remember that always. I still get teary eyed thinking about it. From that day forth something had changed, I was a girl who could instead of a girl who wished she could. From that race I went on to do the OKC full marathon where I did the first half in 2:00 hours flat and finished with a 4:09. A week later I ran the Tacoma City half in 2:00 hours.

I ran my bootie off and got a 12k PR with 1:08.43 on the hilliest and most difficult course in the history of ever. Then, in June I ran to another half marathon PR in the Seattle Rock n Roll with a 1:55.33. I felt like I was running on the clouds. I was light as a feather. My feet had wings. In August I completed my third sprint triathlon with another PR of 1:34.43. And finally, in December I claimed a 5k PR with 25:46.

With 3 full marathons, one Million Inch (+++) run, 6 half marathons, one 4 miler, one 5k and one sprint tri I would say 2010 was a good year. I may not have hit the 1000 miles I was hoping for, which is a bummer (came in with 900.43), but I know the circumstances I faced and feel my 2010 list is awesome.

BUT… I can’t help but feel like something is missing in my list. So tonight I did something about that hole…

I registered for the my first Half Iron Man- the White Lake Half Iron II on May 14th.

That’s right folks, my 18 week training officially starts a week from tomorrow. I am nervous, scared, worried and EXCITED! I welcome the challenge of swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56 miles and finishing it off with a 13.1 run. No biggie, right? Can’t be worse than Portland Marathon was, right? Um, don’t think so. Nothing will be as bad as that! So join me in the next five months as I attempt to tackle the Half Iron Man. AND you know after that there is only one more thing to do….a FULL Iron Man and if your gonna do that you MUST do it in Hawaii. But lets not get ahead of ourselves here…first things first. Learn to swim.

And now for a year in review of favorite pictures and memories (there are so many more but I can’t put them all up on this one post, I’m sure you understand):

Mel, holding me up after running One Million Inches and not a step further…ok, I walked a few extra inches…

image

The Million Inch Crew

image

RED…..I don’t even have the words to express adequately what I want to say. Thank you for being there and for being YOU.

image

AN the RB! I miss our running dates…the epitome of running partners right here…

image

Me and my amazing BIG sister…

image

LB and me

image

Me, Sarah and RED

image

Not a running pick but this is the day The Hubs returned from Afghanistan and surprised LB at preschool. I will never forget the reaction of LB, “WHAT?! What! My DAD is here?” and he leapt from the top of a climbing toy and ran to his dad...

image

Me and my Official Race Crew at the Super Jock and Jill 4 miler

image

My new NC Running Peeps, Me, Jessica and Christina!! So glad to have them! Bring on 2011!

image

So, here’s to 2011!!!

15 comments:

  1. Half Ironman??? You are awesome woman. I cannot WAIT to follow this journey. My brother is begging me to get on a bike, but I just can't make myself do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I have an tri on my list this year as well...now I better go blog about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iron-woman!! Yeah!! 2010 was filled with so many feats this year--you should be so proud!

    I love your Christmas outfits btw! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2011!!

    Ironwoman----woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fantastic year! All the best on your half iron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will ROCK that half Iron! So exciting! I'm so glad I met you, Amanda! You are a blast to hang out and run with. :)
    Great pics! The one of your hubby and LB is so sweet. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo - exciting! 2010 was awesome for you - you'll be great in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woohoo! A half ironman!!! I would be right there with you on the swimming front...I can tread water but that is where it stops! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    LOVE the pic of your son and husband! Stories like that never cease to bring tears to my eyes! Please thank him for me for fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A 1/2 IM in May! I'm on board to follow your training :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally awesome year for sure! Some great accomplishments and here's to a 2011 filled with more! I have no doubt you'll knock them off in style! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had an inspiring 2010. Good luck with your tri. training.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sorta wish someone had caught our hug on camera...but it really is one of those moments that I will never forget...and makes me teary (good teary) every time..

    You will be missed here, but you are STRONG and moving on to GREAT GREAT things!!

    Love you lady, make 2011 yours..

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing 2010 it was for you!!! CONGRATS!! You must be very proud of yourself! I can't wait to read more about your half iron man training and race. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. White Lake is a great race! I don't have the nerve yet to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always like reading your blog "the history of ever" - that's a funny line. I might steal it sometime. ha - good luck in '11

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails