Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/18-----0/2

“What does THAT even mean?” you ask. It’s code for “Off to a bad start”.

Oh wait, that was yesterday’s blog title. Well, in week one out of 18 of half iron training I am ZERO for TWO workouts. Great. Just great.

Yesterday’s beautiful, fluffy, whimsical snow is now covered in ice and frozen rain. Again no school for LB today and school has already been cancelled for tomorrow. As of now The Hubs is on a 2 hour delay for work tomorrow. I am about to pull my hair out. I just want the snow and ice to go away. I have no idea how you people cope with this all winter long! If I could get down my driveway to the street without sliding on my bottom I might be able to go for a short, slow jog. On the other hand there is a solid sheet of ice covering everything. I might just die if I try to run on this.

This morning The Hubs came in with our flag. It was frozen solid and had broken off the pole. I was still in bed (slept in until 8:30!! Woot woot!!) and grabbed my iPhone because he was so silly, I had to capture it. It reminded me of the photo of the flag on the moon…

frozen flag

Hopefully tomorrow things will thaw out a little bit by mid morning and I can get to the ONE gym on post that has an old racquet ball court that has half of it sectioned/fenced off so kids can play while their parents do cardio. This is where I used to do my cardio when LB was a baby until we moved to WA when he was 18 months old. Tomorrow I have 6x400 sprints on the schedule. This can be done on the treadmill…

In other news, our Cycle Ops indoor bike trainer is on its way…to my house!! I have been wishing it was here the last three days. I could have been doing some serious biking and sweating, all in the comfort of my own living room! Soon enough…

And finally, today I took advantage of the free time to help LB with this weeks homework. He had to write three sentences using action words. I didn’t help him at all, i.e. I didn’t tell him what to write or how to spell things. I was just there for moral support. See for yourself what he wrote:

levi's writing

#2 is my favorite….although I’m not quite sure what is going on there with my arms, hands and head. Hey, so he’s not an artist. Eh, whatchagonnado?

P.S. 400 followers!!! Awesome!! Shout out to the two that got me 400: The Runner and Kittee I am a Runner!! Welcome to the 5 Miles maddness!!!!

23 comments:

  1. I love kid drawing!...and how they spell :-) That is SO awesome!

    Sorry about the missed workouts - it sucks when you want to work out and not be able to do it. FRUSTRATING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I love that flag picture. That is just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries girl...you have plenty of time to make those runs up:) You are going to love your trainer, I am so excited for you!! Yay for 400, I just got that too...we are twinners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 400!! Woo-hoo!

    I crumpled my bib...heard it reduces wnd resistance, really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the 0/2... every day is a good day to start over!!! You'll get it going. Cheering for you, Amanda!

    And love the mommy drawing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL great pic! I've been complaining about cold weather but you have it way worse! I've missed 2 of my long runs due to weather (or me being a sissy) but don't worry your training will get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know week 2 of marathon training is running into snow snag!! Hate when weather derails training plans!! Here's to hoping you get out there soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That flag picture is awesome. You should send the pic to the weather station!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try not to beat yourself up too much about the missed workouts. Remember a plan is just that, a plan, and life gets in the way and sometimes workouts don't happen. As much as it sucks, it's o-kay. The snow will melt, school will resume, you'll get your trainer, and you'll be back at it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout out! I am with you on the missed workouts. Im taking it one day at a time. Love the frozen flag though! Stay positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great picture...at least you hair looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on 400 followers. I'd be happy to have 30. (Break out the violins)

    I'm sure you'll enjoy the Cycle Ops. I need something like that to cross train at home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The ice is killing me. Thanks for the post on dailymile. Very lucky to get 3 miles in with kids home from school and baby sleeping. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love #2 and #3. Your family is very athletic!

    Hope you will get a run in somewhere, somehow. Be careful on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great family....a dog and cat that walk, a mom that runs (and wears cool clothes, according to the drawing!)and a dad that jumps out of planes (with parachute, per drawing)! So cute! The flag was hilarious...proof that it is way too cold and icey to dare running. Good luck with your indoor workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's been soooo cold here too... I feel your pain. :) Love the kids pics!

    and way to go 400!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your husband wears a parachute ... just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh, you must be feeling so cooped up!!! Hope you can get out and get that sweat on soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. First question: You have a cat? :-p

    Congrats on the 400, and don't fret about the two days. You are in great shape and leaps and bounds ahead of being ready for this half.

    ps. Are you ready for Sunday??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Let me know how long you train on the bike trainer for ... I'm just starting that myself and my husband (who's an avid cyclist) is sure I'll be wanting to poke my eyes out within 20 minutes ... I hope not.
    We got lots of snow overnight too ... really hoping it melts – for both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bummer about the snow. I feel SO bad for all of you warm weather runners, hee, hee. If you have an electric screwdriver, you can zap flat-head screws on the bottoms of your running shoes, which gives traction even on ice. You can easily remove them when the snow melts. Or you can do what I do after a heavy snow: Sit back, watch movies and eat popcorn--wheeee!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love love the picture!! Too cute!

    Hope you like the trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. dude i adore him! he has two badass parents! "My mom runs races" and "my dad jumps out of airplanes". I bet all the other kids are jealous

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails