Wednesday, August 5, 2009

For the Love...or what?

I can't tell you how many times I have had friends tell me, "I wish I loved running so I could get out there and run." This got me to thinking; do I really love to run? Have I always loved to run? I don’t think so. In my family it was my sister who loved to run. She was the one out there on the dirt roads running. I have no idea what I was doing while she was running, stealing clothes out of her closet maybe. Either way, I love to run now and it hasn’t always been that way. I think for some it is love at first stride. For others, like me, it is a slow growing love that kind of sneaks up on you. You may not even realize it until you are injured and have to take a few weeks off, or the ground is covered in ice and you find yourself getting cranky and moody. One day it hits you, you have become a runner! And it feels good!

So to all my friends out there who wish they loved to run…it will grow on you if you give it a chance!

Sugar Challenge update: I am struggling.

Gratitude Journal
1. I am grateful for my dog.
2. I am grateful for DVR.
3. I am grateful for second chances on my Sugar Challenge.
4. I am grateful for my new Bibkeeper (more on that tomorrow!)
5. I am grateful for today.

1 comment:

  1. "love at first stride" oh you should trademark that and sell it on T-shirts.. LOVE IT!!

    I love my DVR too..

    FYI I have always loved to run, not sure why but I am one of those people..

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails