Monday, June 20, 2011

Where the Wind Comes Sweeping Down the Plains…

Today it was so windy! Oklahoma is normally pretty windy but today, and lately so I hear, it has been really, really windy. This morning it was blowing 40+ mph and I did not want to run into the wind. Yes, I’m a weenie. So my mom drove me three miles down the road so that I could run down wind, with the wind. Boy did I run fast with 40+ mph winds at my back!

image

image

Here is LB chasing his cowboy hat…

imageLuckily he caught it! He said, “Good thing I can run fast mom! I don’t care if the wind blows my hat away, I’ll just get all sweaty running after it!”

image

This evening I couldn’t resist a swim. I headed to the Air Force Base in town and hit the pool for an easy 2100 m swim.

I am also super excited to have reached my fundraising goal!! Three donations in the last 4 days have put me at my goal! Yipeee!! I am so excited! Thank you to all who have donated!

Tomorrow I head to Seattle. Just in case you were wondering I am pretty excited. On tomorrow’s flight I will be thinking about my goals for RnR Seattle. I need to be realistic yet ambitious…

13 comments:

  1. Holy wind!! I like that you ran with it!! Sometimes in Pullman, I feel like I am running into the entire time!

    Yeah! Safe travels to Sea town--see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And wouldn't you know, the sun came out just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wind makes for fun photos!

    jealous - i still have to get through another 1.5 days at work before i get to head to seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wind. I'm super excited you are headed this way. Can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ambitious with a friend pacer.. Come on now my Amanda....It is TIME to unleash the BEAST inside and show us all what you can really do.. Take Amanda Style to a whole new level.. OK so let me know when I can stalk you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a weenie with wind too!....and with 40mph...no way for me!!!

    Have safe travels to Seattle...you are going to rock it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! That IS windy!!!!! Looks like a good time so far though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy wind! Those pictures are awesome though! Good luck this weekend! You will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Love it! I have been tempted to do that before and I just may!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, so I won't be able to make the dinner, but i'm wondering if you think some people would want to meet up during the expo (probably not right *at* the expo...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you said wind you werent joking! I hate super strong wind like that...makes it hard to get rolling....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice "making lemonade out of lemons" way to deal with that wind!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails