Friday, June 17, 2011

Girls smell like roses….

Remember my post back in March about my stinky clothes? No? Good, forget it, I don’t stink. Girls smell like roses, always!!

Ok, whatever. My running clothes were kind of funky and you all gave me some great tips. Last week I was running and I kept smelling something, a mixture of gross, stale sweat and delicious Snuggle Fabric Softener. A disturbing combo to say the least. To my horror I realized the smell(S) were coming from me. Well tie a rock to my leg and shove me overboard. That.Is.Sick. Anyway, everything was good except my Garmin HR Strap. I wash it, I honestly do. Just not after every single use. It was rank and ready for a good burning washing. I decided to take it a step further. I took some of my favorite running attire, including my hat, and soaked it in the sink, in a bowl with a good amount of white vinegar. I just let it sit there and soak for at least an hour. Then I laundered it as usual and let me tell you…it worked! My HR strap smells great and so does everything else! I will  certainly be doing this once a week from here on out. I do not want to be the stinky girl.

image

I haven’t really ran at all this week. It really just occurred to me. Shoot. That is not good…My scheduling was just off this week trying to see all my clients before heading out of town and other work stuff. Not to mention Master’s Swim is daily from 11-1 and it is just smack dab in the middle of things. Plus I paid for it so it’s like a race fee, I have to go. Although it is too much to do every day and I have going Mon/Wed/Fri. So yeah, I went today. I was hoping for a nice easy swim today. Ehhhhh!! Wrong! I looked at the board and saw the total, 3,400 yards. Oh boy.

image

But like the good pupil I am I got in and started swimming. For those of you who are like me, of a runner’s mind, you are wondering just how far 3,400 yds is. Well I will tell you it is 1.93181818 miles. Once I realized that I was ticked. Who goes 1.93181818  miles? As a runner I can’t stand to stop short. On a 20 miler I can’t stop at 19.93! Are you out of your mind? No way! That is NOT 20 miles. Some of you may not feel so strongly but if I set out for 5miles I am not stopping at 4.92. That is just awful! I have run past my house like 10 steps just to get to my even, exact mileage. So I wish so bad I would have know so that I could have done just a few more laps to make it 2 miles. And I’ll just throw out there that the IM swim is 4224 yards…..oh boy, my brain is thinking terrible thoughts….and along those terrible thoughts….

…I am ready to begin my marathon training. I believe it starts July 11, just over 4 weeks. I have decided on OBX!! Anyone else out there doing OBX in November??

And finally, Rock and Roll Seattle!!! Here are the details stolen from Mel-Tall Mom:

  • Friday Night Carbo-load Dinner: Please email me for details, all are welcome. If you did not get the Evite and would like to come let me know ASAP (tallmomontherun @ hotmail).
  • Start Line: I will be in Corral 7. However a bunch of Bloggies will be meeting around Corral #6 30 minutes prior to the race start to get a photo op. If the race is set up the same way as last year Corral #6 should be close enough to get the start line in the background.
  • Finish Line: The finish area is always a zoo. The Family Reunion areas are coded by letters. Although I do not plan to stay there too long, we can try for Family Reunion B, B for Blogger.

See you all there!!!

Well I am off to finish packing! I leave tomorrow for Oklahoma where I will spend a few days with my fam, celebrate Father’s Day with my amazing Dad, then leave LB behind to get spoiled by his grandparents, then off to Seattle! Busy week ahead and I can’t wait!

13 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. If I am supposed to go 6 miles and I stop 1/10 mile short then it doesn't count the same way. I know I should just be happy with what I did do, but my brain really fights it.

    Vinegar is the best. A mixture of baking soda and vinegar can do wonders for just about everything in this world that needs to be cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in Seattle!

    Thank you, thank you for the white vinegar idea. Not for me, of course, but for my husband's running shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun and good luck in Seattle!

    are you doing OBX instead of Thunder Road????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend with the fam and an amazing time in Seattle Wheeeeeee!

    Thanks for the vinegar tip... some of my stuff REALLY needs that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just going to be honest here. I have never washed my heart rate strap. Not even once. Oops!

    Have a great trip! Go crush RNR! I'll be stalking you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never washed my ipod band, it's probably stinky.
    Vinegar and baking soda works on everything, even the Mokey-love when he got sprayed by a skunk not once but twice in one summer. It did turn him grayish for a little while tho. Have a great trip, excited to hear about the race!!
    And congrats on the new job, I finally found something parttime that could turn into full time:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try the vinegar tip on my stinky gym clothes. Good plan.

    Good luck in Seattle! Wish I was running.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the conversion and the vinegar tip.
    Good luck in Seattle and have fun with the bloodies meetup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like others said vinegar in the wash helps and hanging your clothes in the sun to dry. I just wash all my nasty clothes together, makes it easier

    ReplyDelete
  10. My stuff really stinks sometimes too. I never thought of the vinegar trick..gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope I get to meet you at the RnR! Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OBX is on my marathon wish list. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails