Thursday, June 23, 2011

I run this town…

…when I can!

Oh sweet UPS track…It was great to see this track again. I put many many miles on this track.

image

 

image

I was excited to hit the roads of Tacoma this afternoon. It was maybe 62 degrees, a far cry from the 100 degree temps I have been facing back home. I set out with only 3 miles on the Garmin. I had no plan  or route in mind but I knew I wanted to just run and I needed to keep it short and stay away from 30th and 36th streets. Hill work is NOT on the agenda three days out from my upcoming Half Marathon. I enjoyed every moment of my time on my familiar paths. I actually made a point to run by one of my favorite corners just to see the beautiful yard and flowers. Oh don’t worry, I took a picture.

image

I am looking forward to another easy run tomorrow!

So many exciting things in store this week and weekend!! I can’t wait to see everyone and meeting so many new bloggies!

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh WHY didnt you take me with you and rescue me from this horrific heat and humidity WHY??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 62 degrees sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo! wow, you're still running! i haven't hit the pavement since monday :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love running in places I haven't run in a long time. I love that area of Tacoma...brings me back to high school and early college. :) Have a great time here in WA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The COMFORT of familiar paths.. I cant imagine moving and having to find new paths.. we are pretty darn spoiled around here..

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice little homecoming for you! good luck this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun and GOOD LUCK at your race!!

    I would really appreciate it if you could help me spread the word... I have a huge fundraising giveaway going on with over $650 worth of prizes.
    http://seemomrunfar.blogspot.com/2011/06/totally-awesome-fundraising-giveaway.html
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must feel so nice to be there, especially the temps! And that is one beauty of a track!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures and post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck racing! You are going to do amazing!

    Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails