Friday, May 6, 2011

One week…

…One week until my 70.3. Freak out time!!!

To say I am nervous is an understatement.  I am mostly prepared. Ok, I am not really prepared AT ALLMel Tall-Mom texted me today:

image

She’s so good at gently nudging me, reminding me to not wait until the last minute (and yes, a week out is NOT last minute for me)! Especially since I may have to order some things online.

There is actually a 70.3 happening tomorrow, the same race and the same course. They have it two weekends in a row. So I am going to watch it with my Triple Threat girls tomorrow so we can check it out. You better believe I will be seeing what they are wearing. I have an idea of what I will be wearing but I am not certain.

I stopped by Hawley’s Bike Shop the other day and got my hydration system, a bottle with straws that I can drink from while in the aero position. The Hubs was a champ and put it together for me! I am super excited to have this. It will be the difference in life/death, make or break, for me. Hydration is so important, especially when you are riding 56 miles in the sun. Now at least I can check this off my worry list.

image

And Lindsey from 70.3 or Bust sent me an awesome care package last week! I was so excited! I continue to be reminded just how amazing the blogging community is and how we all are a huge network of friends who just happen to live far apart. You should check out her blog for a truly awesome story about a friendship created online!

image

Not long ago I realized I needed new shoes. Ugh. I was wearing the same digs I wore during the Portland Marathon 10/10/10.  So that means I was wearing them before the marathon…They have roughly 400 miles on them. They are still good for the occasional run in the rain but new shoes were a must. I am going outside my box and trying something new, Saucony ProGrid Mirage! So far so good! Look for a review at the end of the month!

image

And while getting this post together I got another text from Tall Mom:

image

Great. Let me put THAT on my list of things to consider: Fungus. HA!

So Tri-ers out there, what else do I need to consider? Fungus? Give me some tips and insight!

Oh yeah and don’t forget to enter my Eazy-Bandz headbands giveaway!! Check it out HERE!

Oh yeah AND if you are doing RnR Seattle, and I know a ton of you are and mentioned it in your comments on my last post, either email me or Mel-Tall Mom and let us know if you want to join us for the Epic PNW Blogger and Friends Convention!! Trust me, it will be amazing!!!See you in 7.1 weeks!!

Happy Friday everyone!!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe it is already time for it! You're going to do great and look cute and feel fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww no there will be no fungus! Lots of sunscreen they should have ppl at transition after they take off your wetsuit to put some on your back. Oh and body glide so your wetsuit doesn't rub you raw in the neck or underarm area. I think USAT has a checklist.... Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see how you do!!!!!!! eek! HOPE YOU GET LOTS OF PICS. oops sorry for the caps

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be awesome at your 70.3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am nervous for you!! It takes some nerve to take this all on!! I know you are going to be amazing! Have fun and please no bike injuries!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. COUNT DOWN TIME BUDDY! Mel is totally our racing mom...she texted me to check if I had things figured out too! Love her!

    Enjoywatching the race tomorrow to get yourself psyched for 70.3!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yall are too cute! and youre going to be great!

    might be too late, but did you see that RunningSkirts have a tri skirt?no bottoms attached,you just slip it over your suit

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you pee while you're riding your bike, will you promise to tell us?

    LOL That just cracks me up that people actually DO that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to hear about your scope out. Are you wearing a wetsuit? So nervous here too. You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 70.3....you are my hero!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Iv'e always wanted to do a tri. Maybe within the next few years. I'm a week swimmer. lol

    You will do GREAT! Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you are brave enough to do this! I don't know what serious triathletes need, but I do have one of those skirts that I just put on over my tri shorts and it had my number already hooked on to it, easy! You'll look hot no matter what! And I am so excited to see you at Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Might be worth investing in some tri shorts - swim bike and run in comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dont forget the rubber bands to band your GU's to your bike handles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck on your race...you're awesome!

    runningtobeskinny.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i wear a one piece trisuit and LOVE it. i dont have to worry about changing or adding any pieces of clothing. its not the most attractive thing out there, but certainly very easy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are brave. You will kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A TriSuit would be ideal; shorts and shirt all in one. However, I race my triathlons with tri shorts and put on a shirt after the swim and I'm fine. If I can convince myself, I'll pick up a full trisuit before my half iron, but it's not likely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. EEK! SO excited for you - you are going to do awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails