Tuesday, June 29, 2010

RnR Recap! Let’s get this party started!

The anticipated race recap!

I didn’t really know where to start so I guess I will start at the beginning! Friday I dropped LB off at RED’s house and we (me, RED and Mom of the Littles [she has twins who are lovingly referred to as The Littles]) headed to Seattle for our Adult Time/Girl’s Night! All three of us are sans hubby for now (oh the joys of being a military wife) so this was a well-deserved and highly anticipated evening for all three of us.

Here we are heading to the EXPO! Yay!! Spending time at the race expos is pretty much a luxury we rarely get to experience with kids in tow! So this was awesome! We all got little massages at a hot tub booth and I even signed up to get a $20 Chiropractor exam including x-rays, more to come about that.

After the expo we tried to walk to the Spaghetti Factory for our Bloggy Meet up but somehow the fail proof iPhone walking GPS could not get us there. After walking too much in flip flops around downtown Seattle (and receiving a text from Tall Mom inquiring about whether or not we were coming) we were hungry and decided to flag a taxi. It was pretty sweet to just walk in the the Spaghetti Factory and walk into the the reserved room that Mel put together for us! The wait otherwise was ridiculous! It was awesome to meet so many other bloggers and just hang out and share in the excitement of the occasion!
After dinner we headed back to our hotel to retire early. Three girls in one hotel room away from kids for the first time in who-knows-how long=lots of fun!
We set all our stuff out nice and neat, or at least RED and Mom of the Littles had their stuff nice and neat, mine was more of a controlled chaotic pile…
We set our alarms for 4:30 AM and 5 AM and fell asleep a bit after 10, after my pile of gear was made fun of. Not everyone can be and OCD neat and tidy as them.
The 4:30 AM alarm went off and Mom of the Littles was so glad, she had been awake for an hour, or more? I have no idea, I was sawing logs…We got up and around. I had my cup of black coffee and half a bagel. I should have eaten more because by the time I got to the start my stomach was growling.
xrnr AM

Here we are at about 5 AM getting ready to walk down to the shuttles. The shuttles were scheduled to run from 5 to 6 AM. We got there around 5:20 or so and the lines were out of control. We found a nice place to just kind of blend into the line, oops. Luckily we happened to slide in behind a man we had randomly met in the elevator the night before. So we starting chatting with him and his girlfriend and whala! We were in line. In the long run it didn’t really matter because around 5:50 AM the lines dissipated and people just sort of gaggled around the curb and the busses. We got on the bus maybe at 6 AM.

Here we are waiting for the bus:


One lady called us “Fresh and Perky”. I would agree. We were quite awake for 6 AM.

We were finally able to get on the bus and head to the race start. Of course, right on inconvenient schedule I got a call from The Hubs right as we got on the shuttle. It was loud, everyone was excited so needless to say the conversation was short. We got to sit in the back of the bus, the very back row, like the cool kids we sat there and bounced our way to the start line!

And this my friends, is where I am going to close for tonight. It just seems there is so much to blog about and this could get REALLY REALLY long otherwise! So check back tomorrow for the deets about the race!!!


  1. At least you laid your clothes out even if it was a messy pile. Their are people who don't do that. I don't know how they can live like that. :)

  2. Sounds good so far! My race gear "pile" looked a lot like yours!

  3. Yes, the new header photo is AWESOME!! :) Very glad you had a fun girl's night before the race!

  4. You girls definitely look fresh and perky! So cute!


You're pretty much awesome!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails