Friday, November 18, 2011

Knee Deep...A Margaritaville Review

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise


-Knee Deep, Zac Brown Band and Jimmy Buffett

Have I ever told you how much I love Jimmy Buffett? No? Wow, surprising. Well, I do. I love Jimmy. He just sings songs straight from my heart, he speaks seemingly from my soul. I think I was born to be a beach bum, to live in a hut on a beach, with the sun on my skin, the salty wind in my hair and sand in my toes. Not a care in the world....Doesn't that sound nice? How can this small town, Oklahoma farm girl feel such a draw to the ocean? Weird.

Imagine my excitement when I was given the opportunity to review of pair Margaritaville/Jimmy Buffett polarized sunglasses! Of course I pleaded for some concert tickets, a ride on his boat to/from/around Margaritaville, a meet and great...but I'll take what I can get, the sunglasses are a good start.

Here they are, the Calypso in red!   Love them!

IMG_3255.jpg

Funny story about why I chose the red sunglasses. When I was dating The Hubs, about 8 and a half years ago, I had a sweet (cheap) pair of red sunglasses. I loved them. They looked cute. That was about it. We were at the lake and chilling on a dock when somehow, for some reason, he had me peering over the edge of the dock and PLOP! My beloved red sunglasses sunk to the bottom of Clear Lake. I have missed them ever since. So of course when I saw that Margaritaville had a pair of similar red sunglasses I chose them immediately.

IMG_3245.jpg]

But maybe you aren't the red sunglasses kind of guy/gal. Not to worry! There are other colors like white, tortoise, black and blue or even a lot of really awesome different frames to chose from! Like these sweet, fighter pilot looking aviator-ish Hemisphere glasses:



screen-capture-5.png

Things I liked about my Red Calypso Polarized Sunglasses:

-They passed The Hat Test. Yes, they fit on my face while wearing a hat. Many times hats have to be worn high on the head, or at least my head, because the glasses hit on the brim. Well these fit nicely with different types of hats with no problems at all. SCORE!

-They are light weight. I thought they might be heavy. I have a pair of Maui Jim frames that are comparable in style, price, and quality except they are HEAVY. Not the Margaritaville frames! They are light weight and don't leave red patched on the bridge of my nose like the Maui Jims.

-Work for casual wear and active wear! I wore these for a run AND to the local Veteran's Day parade! I can work out in these and wear them for normal, not running related activities. They are my new go-to driving sunglasses!

-They are pretty darn cute. Self-explanatory.

What Margaritaville says about their polarized lenses:

MPT® polarized lenses by Margaritaville® are where state-of-the-art optical science meets fun-in-the-sun protection. Optimal visual clarity is our mission and we offer performance unmatched by any other lens technology on the beach or at sea.

We craft our optics with your lifestyle in mind. MPT® Polarized Lenses exceed industry standards for safety, and our fused MPT® Polarization Technology exceeds all existing eyewear industry standards for optical quality, value and durability. For more read HERE.


These sunglasses are awesome, down to the smallest detail! Like the Integrated Leash Loop and Low Profile Leash! Who would want/need that? you ask....well, recall my Sunglass-In-The-Lake story? Yeah, if I had had a leash on my glasses they would not have made their way to the bottom of the lake!

screen-capture-6.png

There is way too much info about these to include here on my single blog post. All you need to know is they are having a KILLER sale right now so visit their website and peruse around! Who knows, maybe youll find the erfect pair of sunglasses for yourself or someone on your Christmas list!!! Check them out HERE.....

Now excuse me, I have a plane to catch....heading to the beach!!




Not. I wish though......


7 comments:

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails