Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On Track...

...not literally on a track, that would have been cool, but I'm talking about being on track with my new training plan.

Day one of Big Sur Marathon and White Lake 70.3 training.... and I already messed up on my training plan....Don't worry though, instead of missing a workout or not completing the workout I totally OVERACHIEVED.

Today I checked out a gym near my job and was able finagle a one month trial to see how much I am able to use it during the week and if I like it before purchasing an official membership since I actually live an hour away. I will say it was a pretty awesome facility and even more awesome to get in a swim and a run on my lunch hour. Maybe this is why I overachieved today?

Today's workout was to be a 2 mile run and 500 m swim.....

photo-44.JPG

But I accidentally ran 3 miles and swam 1100 m. Ooops....

In creating this plan I started out very conservative, as you can see. Week 1's total mileage is only 17 miles. If you recall my last post though, I am starting over at square one. It feels like I am completely rebuilding my base. I am trying to be smart in my build so I can avoid injury (and burnout). Also, if you will notice I have TWO rest days. This is pretty awesome! Lets hope I can keep the momentum! Tomorrow its a 5 mile run and a bike ride on the trainer.

It feels good to be on track again. I know it wont always be easy and I may miss a day-or two, but hopefully not three- and that's OK. Sometimes, these days, I just don't feel like doing anything (except finding chocolate). My struggle with the run over the last year has been a difficult one, but I am doing my best to hang on by the skin of my teeth (what does that even mean???) and I know one day it will all fall into place-again. 


When did running fall into place for you? How did you know when it fell into place?


11 comments:

  1. Do it! Do it! You totally got this! Way to be a TOTAL over achiever! Go on witcha bad self!

    Sometimes trying to get back in gear is all you need...absence makes the heart grow fonder...or something like that. Taking a break and going after it again is sometimes the best part!

    Glad you found something close to the office. Keep with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I'm telling you, we're totally in sync. I started running [again. after i stopped once already] and I vowed this is IT. No more stopping. Square one, here I am!!

    I really hope this gym works for you - it'll be worth it for sure. We seriously need to at least be on the same coast. Gah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta break in slowly, you should see me welcome back from marathon plan, in effect this week!

    I have ran since I was in middle school. I am now 23. Running did not click until my first successful marathon which was Saturday, true story =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are Back! Good for you :) I always struggle with my weekday runs and it helped when I bought a treadmill, so I have no excuse to run in the dark or leave my dog too much alone. But even with treadmill I struggle, I think it's part of the training. If it would be easy, everybody would do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome A!! I'm still trying to get back on track with running etc.. Being in the hospital with the blood clot in August threw me off and here it is November and I'm still struggling to get back on track. Ugh....

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to kick start your training program!! Good Luck! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're awesome! I'm still super slow.. and with limited time to squeeze workouts in my pace is creeping up..
    Running for me really kicked in when I signed up for my first race. Got my first one coming up in December !! 5k Reindeer Run!
    I'm hoping to increase mileage each year so I can do a marathon by the time I'm 30..only 4 years away.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely go up and down, but some of that is due to how my body feels. Marathons are a no-go for me at this time in my life. I had to give up running for a few years, and I returned to it after an ACL reconstruction surgery. I've been feeling great about recent runs, and I just hope that I continue to run and to enjoy for a few more years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good, girl!! Score on the gym trial - hope it works out!

    Also love your "square one" representation below. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails