Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not Gonna Do It...

No way!

No how!

Ain't gonna be me.

No sir-ee I am not going to be a night-time runner!

Night-time runners are....weird.

They are weirder than early morning runners. But strangely they are almost the same really. What is the difference in running at 10 PM and 4 AM? Both times are times in which I should be ASLEEP, snug in my bed. If it's dark I should not be running. My ideal time is 10 AM, when I should be at work. I wanna be a 10 AM Beauty Runner. I wanna drop my kid off at school, go buy my groceries, come home and drink coffee. THEN go run. Then go to work.....

What a fantasy land.

For the third night this week I have been a weird night runner. It's the only way and to be honest I'd much rather run with my dinner threatening to come up than get up before I HAVE to in the morning. For some reason one of my favorite times of day is in the morning, when I wake up and slowly twitch my leg to the cold spot, to test it out, and quickly pull it back to the warmth, and I do the same with my arms. I love it. And to get up at 4 AM and miss this strange ritual I have would just be ridiculous.

So this week, the first week of 2012 and the first week of my Big Sur 26.2 training cycle, I have not missed a run. Monday was an easy 3 miler, Tuesday was 5x400 interval training, Wednesday was a rest day, and tonight was a 30 min fartlek. So far I am off to a great start (despite running in the dark, at night)!! It is a huge confidence boost to get these runs in even when I really REALLY didn't want to. I tried to convince myself tonight that I wasn't going to do it. I got home late and was starving after missing lunch. But RED texted me and gave a pep talk-love her!!


photo-2.PNG

So I headed out when my dinner settled.....

Here is my first Signature Pose of 2012 taken after tonights fartlek run.

photo-2.JPG

So what are you? A Weird Night Runner? A 10 Am Beauty Runner? An Early AM Runner? A Whenever Is Convenient Runner? Or a Who Cares As Long As I Run Runner? I am striving to be the Who Cares As Long As I Run runner....

Oh oh oh! I almost forgot!! Check out Marathon Training Schedule, I am ranked #20 on the Top 100 Running Blogs! Can you believe it? Thank you to all my readers and followers!! Without you I would be, uh....writing to no one but myself! So thank you all for supporting me and my blog! You Rock-even if you're a weird night-runner.....*

If you emailed me or mentioned wanting help with your training plan, fear not...I will be contacting you  this weekend! Be ready!!

**I don't REALLY think your weird if you run at night....or early in AM....I actually think you're awesome. 

21 comments:

  1. I greatly prefer being an evening runner. (After work. Before dinner.) But my crazy-arse work schedule lately has me running at 8:30am. There is nothing beautiful about it. I still look like a sweaty schlub. ;)

    I telecommute to a different time zone and teach at night. My only free time is post-coffee, before work. So maybe that makes me a convenience runner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the listing! woohoo

    I am a run at any time I can runner! I like the night, the morning the middle of the day. All for different reasons. So that might be why ultra running has such appeal for me. I get to run all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to be a 10am beauty runner. I had a flat tire and could not go to work yesterday and found myself running nealy nine miles mid week, loved it...but that does not pay the bills.

    I am a "fit it in when I can runner". I just can not get up early. Since I leave for work at 6am it is already too early(and dark). Most days I race the school bus to the bus stop, fitting in as many miles as I can before my boys get home.

    I do forsee a night or two in my future since I also just started Marathon training but I hope not too many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it is not so freaking cold out I am a weird night runner, but I prefer the term "run noir." If you stick with it, knuckle lights rock.

    Right now, though, I am a "sneak out of work and family and life just to go for a quick run" runner. Today it was lunchtime, and barely over a mile. But I'll take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it's cold there... This winter has been weird here in Canada... oh and to your question there something I love about running at night...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a weird night runner!!! BUT I work nights....and have serious problems staying awake during the day, let alone doing anything besides laying on the couch! Sometimes I REALLY wish I had a more normal schedule!
    Can't wait to see your email!! Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making the list! I'm an evening runner on weekdays and a late morning or afternoon runner on weekends... at least until summer rolls around. Then I'll have to give up sleeping in on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely a run any time I can person but prefer the morning when it's light out if at all possible...that tends to be difficult this time of year during the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you! If I could wake up, get a few things done, then go run, then go to work I would be golden! I hate when work gets in the way of what I really want to be doing. Perhaps I can ask the school committee to work around that for me! I am a one night a week runner and the rest are butt crack of dawn runner...neither are ideal but the night one I am at least with a group. Night running to me is just scary alone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a whenever I can runner. I prefer morning runner to be done with it and move on with my day, but with my work schedule being so wacky, I fit iit in whenever.
    Congrats on your blog! You are awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tend to be all over the place - early morning, mid-day (lunch break) and early evening are my usual times. I would LOVE to run at 10am every day! This day job gets in the way...

    Nice job getting it done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on making it! That's awesome. I'm a morning runner. But my morning run is usually after the kids are off to school around 8'ish. Now, there are 8'ish on the treadmill cause I'm not braving the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the run and the listing!

    I am one of those weird early morning runners but since I had my baby, I run when I can. Sometimes that means 8 p.m. or even 9. Ugh. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm an early am runner (but not as early as 4! that's crazy talk! ;-) With kids, you gotta take it when ya can, so i'm going around 6:15, which is fine, it just means it's still kinda dark out right now. I look forward to summer when it will be light out for my whole run. But i LOVE starting the day with a run. If I waited til 10 am, i just feel so much slower. And 10 pm? Forget it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. whatever the day gives me - is when i run. have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy sig pose to you friend!! Way to make it happen! 2012 is YOUR year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am for sure a morning runner!! like getting it out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a weird night runner during the weekday and a 10 am runner on the weekend, unless it's going to be 90 degrees then I'm a 5:30 am runner- but hate getting up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a early morning runner but have been going after work a few times lately. I wish I could be a beauty runner... oh the life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to be a 10am Beauty Runner :) But there is this thing called work :( So I run in the evenings before dinner (6-8pm) Sometimes I'm really hungry but then I eat some fruits, they don't make my stomach angry. Good start into your marathon training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am an afternoon/ early evening runner. I like to be fully awake but not yet tired when I run. I'm not so good at morning running!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails