Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Marathon Training

Here I sit, comfortably in Week 5 of 18 for my marathon training. If I were to grade myself up to this point I think I would give myself a B+. I've missed a few runs, ok almost all my runs last week, due to being sick, but I've hit my long runs. I need to get my weekly mileage up a bit more. Hence my Note to Self today......

Before I know it I will be having those 7, 8, 9 mile mid-week, mid-distance runs. Oh boy....logistically I have no clue how that is going to happen but I better figure it out. And soon....

And today I feel like a horse that hasn't been run for a while, you know? I ran Sunday but not Monday, and yet it feels like light-years have passed since I ran. Is today really only Tuesday? Here I sit at 9:00 PM waiting for the Hubs to get home so I can head out, but I also REALLY want to take a shower and crawl into bed. The weather around here has been annoyingly beautiful. It's annoying because it's freezing when I go to work at 7 AM and dang near dark when I get home at 6 PM. No time for me to enjoy this perfect, beautiful, running weather that happens during the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM. It's driving me crazy. Tomorrow it's supposed to be a high of 72! PERFECT RUNNING WEATHER. But I wont be able to enjoy it. Whoa is me....
photo-60.jpg
Ready for my night run....
photo-61.jpg
Oh yeah, it's a Dorky Sweat Pants kind of night....


I am not feeling exactly chatty tonight. I wish I had exciting things to blog about, other than running in dorky sweat pants and a headlamp... but I feel like Boring Beatrice (no offense if your name is Beatrice. Or Boring for that matter...).

I will be guest blogging for FitFluential.com in the near future...I am having severe writers block. Strange I know! Any suggestions for fitness/running/triathlon topics that you think others would be interested in? If you aren't familiar with FitFluential you should head over and check us out! I say "us" because I am an Ambassador for FitFluential, Inc.! Total coolness!



13 comments:

  1. I'm behind on blog reading & totally missed that you're training for a marathon! Congrats & good luck getting all your rUns in this week. Personally I would love for you to write about the training and dedication while training for your half iron last summer. I need some inspiration as I get ready to start training for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you're feeling better. I missed all but one run last week due to being sick. It's a sucky feeling but only one tiny thing in the scheme of it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as topics go, can you share with us your race week food choices? And do you use GU and if so what flavor? And how 'bout running gear? Like a head to toe run down about what you wear for a race. I'm SO nosey... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hangs head in shame* I know I have to get more runs in. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed running last week because of being sick as well...Its so frutstrating! But kuddos to you for going out tonight! Headlamp and all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To overcome writer's block, I will read the news, blogs or health articles. Or I will do a writing exercise. Don't give yourself any time to think, and pick an object in front of you. Then immediately begin writing about it and go for 2 minutes. Don't think, just write. Whatever comes in your head, write it -- doesn't have to make sense. It usually gets the juices flowing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was kinda sick last week too. And thanks for the reminder about the importance of all runs and not just the weekend runs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when life gets in the way. At least you are able to get your long runs done. They're the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wont start official training for the half until March and the full until July ... dreading trying to fit those LONG runs into my schedule! My schedule is packed as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't worry about last week, just move forward and kick some butt this week.:))) I would love to know more about nutrition and training. Hope your run went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm super jealous of your beautiful running weather!! 70 degrees??? I need to come visit!!
    I shouldn't complain it's been pretty darn nice for VT in January.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how you can motivate yourself to run at 9pm. You go girl!! I planned things around at work and try to get a 3-4 mile run in during lunch. Luckily we have a shower at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kudos to you...9pm I'm climbing into bed! I hope you're feeling much better....you're right on track as long as you hit your long runs!! Writer's block is never fun but I have idea block too....sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails