Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hot Yoga..

...It's getting hot in here, so hot, so take off all your clothes. I am, getting so hot, I wanna take my clothes off.  It's getting hot in here, so hot, so take off all your clothes. I am, getting so hot, I wanna take my clothes off....

Whoooooa Nelly....too far.  Please, please keep your clothes on while in Hot Yoga...

You get the point.  It's no secret that I love the heat. I love the sun. I love the summer. I love the North Carolina summer when it's 108 degrees and even when it's 98% humidity.

I love it.

I hate the cold...it makes my body hurt. Heat just feels like a warm blanket wrapped around me. I love to feel the sweat start to drip. It makes me feel like I'm working so much harder than I probably am. The room is kept at 100 degrees!! Perfect!! I've gotten quite fond of my weekly Sunday night hot yoga class. It's the perfect way to end the weekend and get ready for Monday.

When I can't make it I'm usually grumpy until I can make the next class. It's funny how we get into routines; creatures of habit I guess. Not to mention, after class I like to hit up the local market to get some Organic goods that my local grocer seriously lacks. I usually stock up for the week. And I've been making my green smoothies again with 50% of the ingredients coming from my own garden! One of the produce guys has gotten to know me and teases me endlessly about my ginger root and kale bundles. He likes to point out that ginger is good for upset stomachs. I agree but add it's a good natural anti-inflamatory, improves immune system and helps fight ovarian and other cancers. So yes, tease me about my ginger....I'll take two. Thanks...


Green Smoothie!! 
I like that I have a routine and I need it. I don't think I've always been that way. Actually maybe I have. When I have a good, solid running routine I do best.  I like consistency and routine for most things but I also like to think I'm not rigid or inflexible.

Inflexible....speaking of flexible or not so flexible, I noticed tonight I'm getting better at yoga. A few years ago I went three or four times a week. I noticed a serious improvement in flexibility, strength and my running. Tonight I felt stronger. I'm sure it's the consistency of the yoga practice paired with my twice a week visit to the weight room. It's always motivating to see gains.

In other news, not hot or yoga or ginger-related, my second half marathon of the year is next weekend. I'm ready, I think....but I just realized the course is a bunch of loops. Yes, stupid, horrible, awful, annoying, shoot-me-in-the-face-loops. Not a nice long 6.5 miles loop I'm gonna do twice but a loop of 1.74 miles. WHAT? Whose idea what that? It was a dumb one, I know that much. I have heard horror stories about loop races. I'd probably back out if I weren't committed to it as a 26.2 relay with a friend from work. So we both will be there, cheering each other on...lap after lap and lap after lap.....Seriously how am I gonna get away with walking on a 1.74 mile loop?

I don't know how I get myself into these things...


4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, hot yoga. I tried it once....the instructor couldn't have been more annoying. He sounded like a auctioneer. I left. I will try it again...just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I've had an annoying and freaking instructor before. That can totally ruin the whole experience! You have to give it another try!!!! =)

      Delete
  2. Never tried hot yoga, but I think I should. Everybody is doing it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you are enjoying bikram. It can be a challenge for first-timers but some regulars (unlike you) can slip down from the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails