Monday, April 8, 2013

That time of year again....

Almost. It is finally starting to feel like spring. The sun is shining and it's supposed to be 81 degrees today! Its time to come creeping out of my winter shell and I couldn't be more ready! Last summer was full of epic beach trips and I know this summer will be the same. LB and I took a long weekend trip to Hilton Head Island this past weekend. It was nice to get away. While I didn't do too much running LB and I did take a long walk on the beach and we had a few races...I let him win a few times. Saturday he told me, "Mom, my little ole legs are sore." I asked him to show me where they hurt and low and behold mine were sore in the exact same spot! I'm sure it was from walking and running on the beach barefoot.  Here is my weekend in a quick recap:

While driving to Hilton Head in the pouring rain my windshield wiper FLEW off....

We had to survive until the nearest exit so I could find a place to replace it. LB was laughing hysterically as I yelled at Siri for not having a clue where the nearest Auto Zone or Walmart was. Sometimes I wish Siri had a face so I could punch her in it....

Thursday and Friday were kinda rainy and overcast, but we had a good time anyway. No one else wanted to be out on the beach....



 LB didn't care...he was going to get in.


But then the sun came out and all was good....



Since my last post about priorities I have had some time to think and reflect. This almost always happens, every year. I am so hard on myself come end of the winter and then find myself coming around with the sunshine and warmer weather. I looked at the Inside Out Sports and Set Up Events Triathlon series and have picked a couple that I'll register for. I'm pretty excited! I've set my bike up on the trainer on the back porch, went for a run last night when we got home and then again this AM. I also hit the gym....haven't gone to a real live gym in quite some time. Now I just need to squeeze in pool time and I'll be set. 

This weekend's half marathon is still up in the air. I'll see how the rest of the week's runs go. I'd be ok with totally skipping out, probably more ok with that than earning myself yet another PW. A girl can only get so many PW's before she really starts to feel bad about herself...but deep down I know that it is way better to go out and make it from Point A to Point B, no matter how long it takes, than to just not show up. But my competitive side cringes at the thought of a half that is not up to my personal performance standard. I haven't been putting in the work so I can't expect a stellar performance....

I know better than to expect what I did not earn...I also know that if I really truly want it I have to work for it. Maybe it's time to get to work...

5 comments:

  1. Take the week as it comes and see how you feel when it gets a little closer to the race. Maybe a race would be good just for the miles? If not, do something to help focus you where you want to be. Don't beat yourself up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I love about writing a blog, you can let it all out and is just like therapy. Sometimes you find the answers or the motivation, just by saying I quit :) Good job on getting your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show up and try if you feel like you can finish and enjoy yourself.. Otherwise pass on it. Miss you tons and I wish you were still here so we could waddle through all of this together..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying laughing... "sometimes I wish Siri had a face so I could punch her in it". I never even imagined that one of the wipers could fly off! I'm amazed!

    Good luck with the half marathon decision!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails