Saturday, August 20, 2011

I wouldn't say " TOTALLY....

...redeemed myself", only slightly redeemed myself.

For some reason peeling myself out of bed at 5:30 AM on a Saturday is much easier than oh, say a Monday, Wednesday or a Thursday. What is that about? I guess it is just knowing that I had the remainder of the day to chillax and be lazy instead of be functional at work all day makes a difference.

The sweet, soft, and gentle sound of my alarm startled me from my sleep (who me? Sarcastic? Nah.....) at 5:40. The amazing and welcoming aroma of delay-brew coffee did make my arousal that much sweeter... My foot got caught in the sheet, or the sheet was practically tied around my foot, and I fell out of bed landing on my pile of cords that I use to charge all my 50 jillion electironics: computer, iPod, hard drive, two cameras, cell phone, work on-call cell phone, Garmin...just to name a few. Anyway, my foot was caught and I think I pulled my ego hamstring or inner thigh trying to catch myself and prevent my face from saying good morning to the stinking carpet.

Nice way to wake up...Way to find that inner peace, get the day off to a goooood start. Don't you hate it when that happens? Or am I the only person in the world who gets tangled up in the sheets?

My Pile-O-Cords....


And the funniest part of all this is that just this morning, while I was out, LB wrote me a little note because he tripped, or fell off the bed and/or stepped on a plug and hurt his foot. In case you have trouble reading it, it says:

"Mom kilenee (clean) up yor (your) kords (cords)."


I was confused at first when I saw it, I wondered if he or The Hubs had witnessed my graceful greeting of the day....but I don't think either of them did, for one it was pitch dark my room and LB was in his own room. I think it was just sheer, random coincidence.

I piddled around, ate breakfast, had my coffee, and hit the door by 6:20. I should have and could have left a little earlier so I could have gotten in 13 miles-ish. I headed out knowing I needed to be home by 8 so I could meet J-Ninja for yoga at 9.

My RLRF plan called for 17 miles...uh yeah, right....No. I am just not ready for that kind of mileage. I am not about to risk injury right now so I am following the old 10% increase in mileage per week, kind of. Really I am just not increasing in a stupid way. I realize this is not how the plan is meant to be used but I just don't have the base for 17 miles right now and I don't have the time or energy for any other plan. So 3Plus2 (3 quality runs plus 2 [at least] cross train days) it is for me.

So I should have done 17 miles at MP (marathon pace) +48 seconds: 9:54 min/mile. Now I am sure on a 10 mile run I should have hit that MP +15 or 20 seconds but hey, I'm just rolling with the tides right now...So I hit my 10 miles at a 9:55 min/mile pace. I was soaked in sweat by the end. It was muggy and I couldn't keep the sweat out of my eyes. I have been thirsty ALL day long too.

Yoga was good, not amazing but good. We got some nice, deep stretching in and I think that was much needed. The best part of all this was breakfast after with J-Ninja! I earned that Western Omelet and pancakes!

Tomorrow I hit the pool! I am ready for a nice, long swim! My joints and muscles miss the pool!


  1. Ohmigosh, the note is hilarious!!!

    Cords make me crazy... you can imagine what it's like around here with 2 of us.

    Awesome job on the long run! And I'm 100% with you. 4:30AM on the weekend I can hop out of bed. Some days during the week I can barely drag myself out of bed at 6:45.

  2. Me too! I am more of a morning person, but I think it's partly that I know I can go back to bed if I want. I also think I spend the week thinking getting up at the same time and then when the weekend comes, I simply can't sleep in. The dogs help get me up early too.

  3. I hear ya on the morning thing. I'm more of a night owl; while my husband is the morning person. Great, right?

    Smart move also, not pushing yourself to the training calendar. 17 is a big jump when you know you're not ready for it.

    Love your real :)

  4. LOL!! Cord keepers and power strips, baby! I'm with LB! I've stepped on my fair share of cords - usually when stumbling to the bathroom in the middle of the night - and learned to tuck those babies away. Plus, there's always the danger one of my doggies will get supercharged if they decide to have a taste. Nothing like the smell of burning fur and the sound of a yelping dog to get your day started :/

    Great job on getting out for your run! I'm still hobbled but looking forward to getting on with things again (hopefully) soon!

  5. Love the note! I hate cord messes and am a little anal about rolling them up and storing them when they are not in use even if i use them a lot.

  6. I think its smart to wait till you have a stronger base before following the RLRF plan completely. The LAST thing you want to deal with is an IT band issue from doing too many miles too soon (been there, done that, took 2+ months to go away)

  7. Lol that story about the cords made me laugh especially the little note!! Good job for making it out the door for a run!!

  8. LOL i cannot wait to run with you. time is going to fly.

    Um... remind me to show you a picture of our 'electronics drawer'...

    Great job on the run!

  9. Love LB's note! Jesse is doing RLRF too and is loving it. I think it is super great for a triathlete. I can't wait to get my base up so I can give it a try!


You're pretty much awesome!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails