Friday, February 19, 2016

Ups and Downs...

There seems to be an ebb and flow to life. Things are good. Great even. Then one day you wake up and the things that were great aren't great anymore. 

I think training is the same way. I have good runs, great runs! Then I have lousy runs where my shoes are made of cinder blocks. I have great days in "The Box" where I can lift lots of heavy stuff, over and over again. And I feel strong. Unstoppable. Then the next day I'm sore, tired, and weak. And I feel like I don't stand a chance. 

How do we deal with the ups and downs? How do we get through the days  that we feel like the weight of the world is on our shoulders and holding us down, holding us back? How do we pick ourselves up and keep trying even when it feels like it's no use? Like we want to quit? Like we won't get faster, stronger, better? Like there won't be an UP just around the corner....

What is it that keeps us hanging on? Coming back time after time? 

Determination. 

Hope. 

Courage....

And the need to be the best we can be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails