Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve....

....and the stockings are hung by the fire(place) with care. The tree is twinkling in the corner. LB is snoozing soundly with dreams of Santa coming down the chimney... Speaking of LB and Santa, for weeks now LB has been begging for an Easy Bake Oven. I thought, I hoped it was a phase. I tried to hold off, hoping it was a bandwagon he jumped on at school while chasing the first grade girls around the play ground. But he kept at it...I opted to not get the oven and hope he would love the new mountain bike Santa is going to deliver. I have a hard enough time staying away from sugary, delicious sweets as it is. Give LB and Easy Bake Oven and I'm done for. Tonight at dinner I asked him, "So what do you think Santa is going to bring you?" I held my breath and hoped he wouldn't say Easy Bake Oven. I really don't want to disappoint him, I want to see him thrilled on Christmas morning. Much to my relief he stalled then said, "A gun that shoots out fire!" Ah, yes. We are over the Easy Bake Oven.....now what to do about the flame-shooting weapon?


I have found myself reflecting on 2011 a lot the past few days. My road has had some rough patches. I have faced many challenges, haven't we all? Over the past year I have learned it's not the fact we have challenges, rather how we manage those challenges. I was thinking this morning, randomly, about my dad. I wondered if was watching me this month as I ran my 10k and my 5k. Mel told me if I watched out, paid close enough attention, I would see him, sense him with me on the road, like she did with her dad at Boston. I haven't yet.....But I can't wait for that day to come.


Through the rough spots in 2011 I have had some outstanding, shining moments: Race PR's in the 10 mile, 5k, 10k, sprint triathlon, and 70.3. It was Sarah reminded me of this in a text:  

photo-3.PNG



Sometimes things just need to be put in perspective.

I have done some amazing things this year. I'll admit it....Maybe it is for this reason that I am allowing myself some time off from true, rigid training. I do miss training though. I have been looking forward to the new year when I will ramp up my training for a 5k PR and a full marathon in April. That's not all I have on my 2012 To Do List but I will do a detailed post on that later.


Have you been mulling over your 2012 Goals, or as I prefer to call it the 2012 To Do List? I can't wait to share mine and hear yours!!!

4 comments:

  1. For me, just 1 Goal. To run again.

    I don't need 26 miles, or even double digits. I would settle for 2 miles without pain. I believe I can, but it'll be a long process. 2012 is my year, I can feel it!

    Can't wait to hear your goals and race schedule for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so loved my easy bake oven! Looking forward to hearing your to-do list for 2012. I'm working on mine!
    Merry Christmas A & Family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first goal for 2012 is to have this baby. I will deal with running after that. I'm shooting for the kids' race at OKC! I think I can manage the distance, but maybe not with 4 kids (or 5, if someone from the East Coast comes....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 70.3!!!!! Amazing Amanda!! I just answered the same questions. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails