Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Got the Worm!

...as in the early bird gets the worm (what were you thinking?!)!

I've had an alarm for May 15th 12:01 AM set in my cell phone for weeks. So of course I was up last night as soon as the alarm went off and pulled up the website for The Army Ten Miler in DC this coming October. J-Ninja and I were on it. In the years past this race has sold out opening day so we weren't gonna mess around and miss out. I got my Registration Confirmation at 12:57 AM.


This year was no different; it was sold out by 9:30 this morning. It's going to be punch-me-in-the-face-packed with 35,000 participants but that's ok! We are really just doing it to get out of town, spend a long weekend in DC, and party like it's 1999 run. I'm pretty excited. This is the only race on my calendar for now. I'm still looking at a few local tris and itching to get back in the water.

Speaking of water, LB took me kayaking for Mother's Day! Well, I actually paddled him all around the lake, but he put forth a valiant effort and really worked hard rowing. Poor kid was wiped out by the time we finished.




It was super fun and probably the best Mother's Day yet! Hanging out with him on the water with nothing to do but talk about nature and spiders and fish and snakes and turtles and swimming and ninjas and legos and beaches and dogs and what we should do next was awesome.  I love that LB is getting old enough to go and do things like this with me.  He's already asked me when he can do a tri. I guess I better get on it. It is definitely one of the most rewarding things to see how this active and healthy lifestyle is carrying over to him. 


4 comments:

  1. I love kayaking! It looks like you guys had a gorgeous day of it, and congrats on getting registered before the race sold out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting into the race you wanted, it amazes me how quickly some races sell out these days...days have turned into hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would they open registration at midnight!? Glad you got your spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as dreambigrunner. Why open it at midnight if you already know it sells out quickly?! Oh well, you got the worm! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails