Sunday, March 30, 2014

When will it stop??

The COLD that is!!

I am so beyond ready for spring it isn't even funny. We have had some beautiful days, teasers is more accurate, that have only strengthened my loathing of the cold.  Warm weather brings with it a desire to get out and do stuff...not stay holed up inside.

On my birthday I decided that I wasn't going to be old. I was feeling old but like the old man at the store told me, age is just a number, the only thing that matters is how you feel. So I realized that I am feeling old because I am not doing things to keep myself active.  So I have been making an effort to be more active.

I've jumped on the trampoline until I couldn't stand it, literally, I couldn't stand and almost catapulted off onto my face. I've also nearly double bounced LB into an alternate universe (or so he accuses me). I've done some treadmill runs. I've busted out my kettle bell work out DVD's. I even dared to pull out my swimsuits and put them back in the top drawer of my chest...just where they stay all summer long. I've even got some new running shoes to try to nudge me into action a bit. It's working. I think.

I have caught myself spacing out, thinking about being on a long run...I am so excited for the next few months. Things are going to change and for once I am embracing the change. I am ready for it!

And because no post is truly complete without some pictures here is one from an elusive sunny day when Ace and I went out for a short and slow 3 miles.

Ace is getting HUGE!
And because what girl doesn't want to show off beautiful flowers for her birthday?

Roses, the color of my birthstone! 

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the cold! Spring needs to stick around..soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so ready for spring!! We had snow again today!! I can't wait for the weather to warm up and start walking with my baby girl.

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails