…a little somthin’ somethin’ for YOU!
So yesterday I began to tell you about my compression socks. About how my legs were craving them…A few weeks ago Jamie sent me a pair of CEP Compression Socks to test out.
CEP=Compete, Endure, Perform
I must say this company has done it right. I have a couple of other pairs of compression socks but they don’t really compare to these. CEP is made with over 60 years of experience, and here is the kicker, by a world leader in medical compression products, medi. CEP is medically tuned compression that is designed specifically for the athlete to improve performance, recovery, and overall quality of life. So they aren't just really tight socks! Who woulda thunk it? And…AND they have been clinically proven to increase performance by 5%! If you look around you will see that Compression is worn by some of the best endurance athletes in the world: Dave Scott, Matt Reed, Andy Potts, Mirinda Carfrae, Timo Bracht, Joe Gambles, Josh Cox, Amanda Brandon (oh wait…..) and more! CEP also makes Wintersport Products! Ski socks and ¾ tights for those of you who are stuck running in feet and feet of snow! If you decide to give them a try guess what? They have a 30 day guarantee!
SO there is a lot of science behind compression, more than I was aware of for sure. So this is some info I found interesting:
The Science Behind Compression:
1. Arteries with normal blood flow - Arteries are blood vessels that transport oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the organs and muscles. Veins transport de-oxygenated blood back to the heart.
2. Arteries extension - The compression of the CEP compression sportsocks expands the diameter of the inner arterial wall thus improving blood flow to the muscles.
3. An increased arterial blood circulation and supply of oxygen to the musculature - The arterial blood circulation increases by approximately 30% while at rest and by approximately 40% under physical strain. The special compression profile of the CEP compression sport socks* is a decisive element in ensuring these results.
And remember how I told you my shin had been screaming? Well last week I took a major cut back in mileage for the week and donned my CEP Compression socks every day and even slept in them. Now I don’t think they can HEAL shin splints but I can tell you this week I have picked right back up and my shin feels pretty good.
- Shin Splints-----Booo-yeah!
- Cramps ---- Who needs em?
- Achilles Issues ---Um, no thanks!
- Fatigue --- Yeah, we all have miles to run, training to do and PR’s to tackle!
- Micro Muscle tears—Nope, not with these socks!
- Vibration trauma ---Uhhh, I’m confused but I can say No Thank You to trauma…
- Blisters--- No brainer, no bueno!
- Blood clots from travel---Hello destination races!! Bring it!!
CEP has a lot of different types of products to choose from. I’m going to have to pick up a pair of the pink ones for sure and if I had a St. Patty’s Day race planned I would have to get the green ones for sure!
So far I have been using my CEP socks for recovery. I have done a few runs in them and haven’t noticed a significant improvement in my run times. However, I have been in a pretty constant state of fatigue with my multisport training these days. So recovery is the goal with my CEP Compression sock usage.
So how would you like a FREE pair of these CEP Compression socks?? I thought so!! Here’s your chance!!
In order to enter to win a pair you must—Required
- Become a follower of CEP’s Facebook page HERE- leave a comment
- Become a follower of CEPs Blog HERE-leave a comment
- Visit CEP’s site and tell me which recovery item you are interested in HERE
- Become a 5 Miles Past Empty follower, if you aren’t already. If you are leave a comment.
And for extra entries-
- Link back to my awesome giveaway from your blog or FB page –Leave me a comment telling me you did so-One extra entry
- Make a donation, in any amount, to my DetermiNation Team in Training for American Cancer Society HERE!! 5 extra entries! If you already have made a donation remind me!
The contest will end at 10 PM EST on March 13! And the winner will be generated by Random.org and announced on Monday, March 14th.
And if you are in the market for a pair and don’t want to wait to see if you win then you can go HERE to shop around and enter code BLOG15 to receive a 15% discount!!!
Now I’m off to renew my CPR and First Aid certs. What are you up to today?