Saturday, May 1, 2010

Am I Crazy?

I don’t think so. 

I haven’t really done anything since last Sunday’s marathon, other than teach my water aerobics class on Thursday.  There is something about knowing there is a race happening literally outside my front door…I can’t say no.  Is it peer pressure?  What is it? Why do I feel an incredible urge to run in tomorrow’s 1/2 marathon? I know good and well that I may not do so great and I more than likely wont PR (if I did that would be awesome though).  I can feel my muscles recovering. I think it may be that last year they gave us HALF a medal….yes, half a medal.  Don’t believe me? That’s ok, I happen to be wearing it right now, see?

Half a medal 019 Now isn’t this a genius plan to get people to run the race again?  Give them half a medal and make them earn the other half next year.  Now I will be ticked off if this the other half of 2008’s medal…I didn’t consider that until just now.  Needless to say, their ploy worked and I will be running the Tacoma City Half marathon in the morning. 

So tomorrow I will see what my body can do one week after completing 26.2 miles!  I am just excited to see if I feel different about the distance now that I am a marathoner.  Oh, and thanks to my friend RED I have the car tag frame to prove it: Isn’t this awesome?

car tag

 

 

Thanks RED! I love it!!!!

 

 

 

 

And I just want to leave you with this gem: Ok Trip April 2010 028

 

 

 

 

 

 

(insert Stevie Wonder’s Isn’t She Lovely)

 

Happy running friends!  I can’t wait to hear how all of your races and long training runs went this weekend!!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Good luck! Just be sure to listen to your body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Most people would probably say that you are crazy for entering a half after doing a full just a week ago, but not us runners, oh no, we think you're normal – for a runner that is :)
    Enjoy the half tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see a return of the thankful for section of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great luck and I know you can do it! I hoep you get that other half you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!!
    I love the 1/2 medal idea. LOL!
    Love the license plate tag. For a second (it's early...that's my excuse) I was thinking how cute your state's smiley plate was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1/2 a medal lol! Good luck--I bet you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that is interesting that they gave you half the medal. Seems like a good ploy to get ppl to come out to run again! Love the picture of you after the race! I think I have made that expression before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you trained hard and ran a marathon - if your body wants to rest - so be it.

    Hope everything feels good tomorrow.

    Love the 1/2 medal. Funny and clever

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your 1/2 marathon went well and you got your PR! That's crazy that they only gave out 1/2 a medal?! I've never heard of that before! Thats kinda cool though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool. I would totally have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looking forward to the recap!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails