Friday, May 14, 2010

This is your brain off running…

This morning I received a text at 7:18 AM.

“I want to race a 5k this weekend know of any?”

I love Tall Mom.

This text got me to thinking how my life has changed in the last few years. In college I didn’t really text but if I did I know the texts I would receive at 7:18 AM: “I can’t remember where I left my car last night…” or “Ugh, SO not gonna make it to my 8 AM class.” But instead, I was awake, had been for 2 hours already (and did you know that this time of year in the PNW at 5 AM it looks like 9 AM outside?), and I got a text about running and racing. I love it! My first thought was I want to do a race this weekend! Second thought was my poor Little Buddy who was still sick and lying on the couch. A run today was out of the question, much less a race this weekend.

Thankfully Jessica came over to sit with my Little Buddy so that I could go teach my water aerobics class and buy some groceries. I needed to get out of the house.

So for now still no running to report but I am considering purchasing the 30 Day Shred. There has been quite a buzz about it in the blog world and to be honest I was wishing for something of the sort the last week. Something. Anything to get my heart rate up and to get a sweat going…I’m starting to feel sedentary, gross, lazy, out of shape, NOT MYSELF.

And did I mention that I love Tall Mom? Oh yeah, I did. Well here is one more reason (as if I needed more):

RLAM autograph RLAM

This my friends is an autographed copy of Run Like A Mother! It says, “Amanda-Run Like a Mother in your first marathon-SBS”. And I am so proud to say that I did run like a mother, I ran my heart out and I still smile when I think of my first marathon experience. So Mel, thank you! Thank you for this awesome birthday present!

Today I am grateful for:

Tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil (reminds me of Italy…I need a vacation, like a grown up vacation).

A call back about a job I applied for yesterday…on the other side of the country (more about that in the months ahead, for now no definite plans are in place).

19 comments:

  1. Tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and don't forget the olive oil - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shred it gets me pumping on the days I don't run!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the job! Hope Little Buddy is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Tall Mom does rock!!

    I know the feeling about starting to go crazy when you can't run, sweat and exercise....Just posted about it yesterday!!

    Hang in there! You'll be back out there in no time! Hope Little Buddy is feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Little Buddy is feeling better!
    Enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh big news on the job front.
    can't wait for a review of the book...want to know if as a non-mommy I'll like it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was considering buying 30 day Shred too!
    I hope your Little Buddy is feeling better, so you can go out and run and feel better too.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you can get your race in (if you want) and that LB feels better.

    If the Shred isn't what you want but you want a good workout, try Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD. Bob is the trainer in that and it's a really good workout (so is the weight loss yoga).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your life's transformation--isn't it great to feel good about where you are? Love tomatoes, mozz. and basil--that means summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for commenting on my blog....yes, the 30 day shred is really nice to add to your workout. I have done it 3 times this week at level 1, and really enjoy it! It is something you can do when you don't have alot of time...only takes approx. 30min and this includes warm up and cool down, plus you work strength, a little bit of cardio, and abs. I think it is worth $9 to add to your workout schedule!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like 30DS, but I have to do it on mute because her comments get really old. Its a great workout that really delivers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Shred. It's doesn't get as boring because ever 1 to 3 minutes you change up. Jillian's "some say I the toughest trainer. And maybe I am" false self-deprecation drives me BONKERS!!!

    Hope your little buddy is feeling better soon.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you too buddy!! So for the early AM text....I forget that not everyone is headed to work.. Oh GOOD LUCK On the job! I have not decided if I am going to do any races yet.. I want to BUT...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do the 30 Day Shred! I'm on Day 14 and I definitely see results AND the sweat POURS down my face in a way I've never sweated. (If that's TMI, sorry!) but really, it's an awesome workout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh, I love love love the 30DS. I swear at Anita (the 'advanced' girl) the whole time, her quads make me go SO DEEP into squats. Fracking Anita.

    Two years ago, I would never have imagined feeling 'ancy' from not exercising - that's my big change. This morning I woke up early to go get 2 miles in before work - because I knew I wouldn't have time tonight. I would have laughed you out of the room if you had mentioned that to me even 6 mos ago...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love, LOVE 30-DS. It's completely worth the money. All 3 workouts are tough. My favorite is level 2. I can see noticeable difference in my shoulders after doing it. It's the hardest I've worked out on a DVD and it's great for a time crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my side of the country?

    I could help you out on Shred, drop me an eamil.
    Hope your buddy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always think to text ppl that early in the morning but then I think wait, its 7am, most ppl are not up!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails