Saturday, May 8, 2010

Will I Ever Run Again?

Good thing I have one more week of resting to do…

I was running through my living room to answer the phone when I stepped down and felt immediate, sharp, shooting pain.  Now every mom knows that there is a certain amount of risk involved in running full speed through the living room .  But this, this was beyond the small Lego or the dreaded match box car. 

I stepped down with all 146 pounds of my body onto this:

pin

pin 2

My son has a small collections of these stupid pins.  He often wears them around and puts them on random toys.  Apparently it fell off of Yellow Puppy’s ear and landed on my floor, smack dab in the middle of the rug where I like to put my foot.

Warning, the following pictures are graphic and could be disturbing to some viewers:

pin in foot

pin in foot 2

bloody foot

 

So here you have it. My newest injury.  It hurts and I am slightly worried about infection.  I think there is a muscle in there that I straight up punctured because my toes have been curled up and tight since the incident. 

 

 

I am ready to run.  My shoes are feeling neglected.  I think I caught them trying to sneak out yesterday!  So a few more days of rest and I’ll be back to normal…

Today I am grateful for:

The yummy seasonal fruit that I can get nowadays!

A fun Mother’s Day picnic lunch at my Little Buddy’s preschool today!

Part I of a three part Mother’s Day present that arrived in the mail today, sent from the other side of the world.

19 comments:

  1. Oh my! I saw this on FB and wondered "What in the world?" I hope it heals fast. Faster than my blisters, which are still recovering.

    I'm glad your getting MOther's Day gifts! That's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Take care of that foot, and Happy Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to ask.......have you had a recent tetanus shot? If not it's worth a call to your doctor. Good luck healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( Ouuuucchhh....I hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love all the trinkets our kids have! I bet that hurt! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should never run to the phone unless I am calling! I hope you made the little tike feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch!

    Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks incredibly painful! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OUCH!!
    I want to hear more about the present!
    Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIKES!!
    OMG that must have been painful.
    I'm sure he felt terrible.
    Have a great mothers day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OUCH!! you are tough...look at the mental toughness you can endure in the comfort of your home. Neosporin that baby and feel better soon. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's just brutal! Wishing you speedy healing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow!! You know what is so funny, I was thinking at least it is a cool Olympics pin? LOL hope you are better. I want to do a 10 miler today..

    ReplyDelete
  14. OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!
    Go Team USA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was almost comical before the whole part about your toes curling up. I really hope you're doing OK now. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok... the first thing I thought of was "wonder how far she had to hop on one foot to get the camera for blog pics before she actually pulled the pin out?". Then I thought... "wow! She's really desperate for blog material!!!" LOL Hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails