Monday, August 31, 2009

This weeks 30 mile challenge!

No, I am not going to run 30 miles...all at once. :)

I have decided to challenge myself in the upcoming week. My goal is 30 miles. I am not quite sure what happened to my mileage last week, maybe it was the face plant into the pavement almost 2 miles into my long run? Either way my mileage did a severe face plant too. So I am picking up the miles to ensure I have my base solid to begin my official half training on the 7th.

I should be able to do this without a problem. The only thing I can see interfering is...er...the hub? Yep, sometimes I just want to hang out instead of run. But what do you expect? Yipeeeee!!!

Today I am grateful:
-that my hub will hopefully be home tomorrow (yes, it is military so "hopefully" is inserted there...something about a typhoon?)
-that I had a good run on the dreadmill and could have gone longer but didn't. I saved myself for tomorrows long run (and yes, I am blogging at 12:15 AM so I guess it is this mornings long run).
-that I had a good evening with good friends who make it a tradition to spend my last night as a bachelorette together doing girly things.

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to have great friends and to have girl's nights! I had so much fun this weekend just doing "girly Things" too!!
    As for the 30 miles, you go girl!! I have only hit 20 for one week! and my training for my 1st half in December has officially started! So nervous!
    I know you can do it! Keep us posted and really enjoy your time with hubby, if you don't get the 30 miles in for any reason ( spending too much time with hubby:)), don't beat yourself up about it, it will have been for a great reason!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun!! And what a cool goal..maybe I will join you on that, does it start today??

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weeks runs Sun to Sat. So I started yesterday but you could start today and go through Sunday! How fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm will have to look at the PLAN.. FYI I know you were not trying to cheat silly girl. And I think I need to post a couple comments on there anyway from people who have learned about the Giveaway from Marathon Mommies..

    Hugs, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda! Just rolled over from Tall Mom.

    Good luck with your 30 this week. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of doing an 80 mile challenge for the month of September.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so much respect for you and your family! My family is full of Marines, so I totally get the “hopefully” part! I hope he comes home to see you too.

    Good luck with the 30 miles this week! That’s such a GREAT goal! :)

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails