Nothing like a drastic change in the weather to cause you to get a swift kick in the booty. Let me explain. Here in the Pacific Northwest we don't get much of a summer. It is short and it is sweet. I have lived a lot of places and NEVER experienced anything like here. Anyway, it has been feeling ridiculously like fall this past week (50's and 60's, although next week should be 90's I hear! Thank goodness). So when I went to put on my jeans they were feeling a bit on the snugger-than-I-would-care-to-wear side.
I was doing so well too, before...before WHAT?! I HAVE NO IDEA. Before I finished school? How is that possible? Before my husband left, AGAIN? Before my trip to Italy? Man, I have no idea but I had lost about 9 pounds that finally put that plateau behind me. And now...NOW I am back where I was. So, as I was saying, nothing like putting on your favorite pair of expensive jeans that fit too tight to get you back out there to pound the pavement. Oh and did I mention that I have a photo shoot coming up? YEAH. I have scheduled a photo shoot, tasteful pin-up style, as a birthday present for my husband (it's a surprise and luckily he doesn't read this)! So I have a couple of weeks to get my rear in gear!
This morning I met with my amazing running partner to go 8.5 miles. We decided to run across this beautiful bridge (some of you will recognize it!).
The Tacoma Narrows bridge is a grueling bridge to run across. The cross winds can be dangerous for trucks and other vehicles, you can imagine what it is like to run in a serious cross wind. It is not as flat as it seems either. But the view...oh that gorgeous view will keep you going. It truly is beautiful!
We did a nice out and back that put us at 8.78 miles. Not too bad! We were really happy with our run and felt great afterwards! Unfortunately though it still is not where I need to be as far as Portland Marathon. I am still not sure if that will happen. I am not good at training for things, more on that tomorrow! I am more of a get out there and just do it because I don't know any better kind of girl. So far that has worked but I fear a marathon is WAY beyond that approach. ;)
1. I am grateful for all the beauty that surrounds me that reminds everyday that God exists and is greater than me.
2. I am grateful for such an awesome run today!
3. I am grateful for extra hours at the YMCA so I can make some extra $$$.
4. I am grateful for the weekend.
5. I am grateful for the chance to win $100 giftcard to Dick's Sporting Goods from I RUN LIKE A GIRL in her “Coolest Giveaway E-V-E-R”! Head on over there and check it out for your chance to win too!
6. I am grateful for Tall Mom on The Run! She is giving away some super cool Nuun products that I think I will have to try out! Head over there and enter for your chance to win!