5 miles to empty. Story of my life. Have you ever felt like you are just almost out of gas, not in your car but in life? At that sputtering stage where you are urging your car along by lunging your body forward...just a few more feet to the station. Must. Get. There. That is how I feel most of the time. I am not complaing, really. More just wondering if I am the only one?
I have been dreaming of running a marathon for a couple of years now. I only in the last year began being kind of serious about it. Last year I decided to run an offical race every month. I did it all but December when my race was cancelled due to major ice. Most of those races were half marathons! So if I can run a half I can run a full! Right? I seriously doubt it. But one can hope! I am planning on running my first marathon October 4 in Portland. We will see how it goes.
Share your running stories and your training tips! I am desperate!
On another note, i was poking around at the blogs of some other mom's who run and I found Run to the Finish. She posted a gratitude journal. I think this is a great idea and to be honest I have read studies that show people who keep a daily gratitude journal are happier than those who don't. So I am going to follow suit and keep a daily gratitude journal here for everyone to see.
Daily Gratitude Journal
1. I am thankful for my sweet little boy who is now almost 4!
2. I am grateful that I am able bodied and have the ability to run.
3. I am grateful for the beautiful weather and sunshine we have had here lately.
4. I am grateful that I finally made it through grad school!
5. I am grateful that my husband was able to call me today from somewhere in the world!