Every once in a while an opportunity comes along that you simply cannot pass up. For me, the opportunity showed up in my inbox a few weeks ago. I mulled it over, and over….and over. Am I worthy? Was this a mistake? A courtesy call? A randomly generated email? Maybe yes to all of those questions but the reality is I want to give it a shot.
Ok, OK!!! Aright already you are saying! What is it???
I am applying to be a FitFluential Ambassador for the Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, North Carolina area!!
If you haven’t heard of FitFluential then you should really check them out. I have a button on the right hand side of my blog that will take you to their sight. In a quick overview, FitFluential is a new up and coming network that is striving to connect Influencers, or 5 Miles (and well, that would mean YOU as my readers too), with companies whose products, missions, beliefs and passion for
punishment running, fitness, and now TRIs, align with mine!! This company will give me the opportunity to talk about fitness and products as a “messenger” and the goal is to spread the word about ALL things fitness-related to all the people in the FitFluential network-and YOU!! And get this…I would be invited to co-host FitFluential events in my area! Who wouldn’t want to get up and talk about their passion? Question though---can I wear my medals behind the podium? Too much? Nah…. In short, this is an opportunity that I believe I cannot pass up. I get pretty excited thinking about it and thinking about all the people I could reach!
As part of the application process, FitFluential wants to know what makes me All That and More….so I will oblige them, and you:
- 70.3…need I say more? Ok, I will…I swam 1.2 miles in 44 mins. I rode my bike 56 miles with some chick’s snot rockets on my leg. I traveled 13.1 miles on foot through, heat, humidity and then a tornado warning. All that and more….
- In 2008 I ran 12 races in 11 months while my husband was deployed. I did so as a geographically single mom and a grad school student working full time. And along those lines…
- I am a military wife and have juggled work, school, house, running and mothering on my own for months on end….
- I have ran 13 half marathon’s
- I ran 3 full marathons in 2010
- I crashed my beautiful tri bike going down a hill at 25 mph and was up and training in less than a week.
- I have motivated and encouraged my readers and friends to get out and get active!
- I’m a great dancer…wait, nope..not that. I can’t dance.
I don’t need your votes or anything at all! I know, can you believe it? But what I do ask is that if I have encouraged you or motivated you in any way over the last couple of years just let me know in a quick comment. You don’t have to go into details but really, that is what this is all for…to share my story and encourage others!! And if you are so inclined you can visit their Facebook Page or twitter (@FitFluential) to put in a good word for me!
And here is a little video I put together!
Thanks everyone! I know that this could not be possible without YOU! I hope you know that you all have encouraged and motivated me as well! You have often been the little push that keeps me going, that pushes me to the finish line! I truly hope I have been a force to your finish as well!