…nice of you to wake up.
Ok, all systems are up and running…including the System that is ME.
Seriously. I have been hitting some good runs and paces here lately. I think some well-placed rest days work wonders and I also think it is the weather. It has cooled down significantly (just as all you natives told me it would). Last weekend when I ran my 12 miler it started out in the 30’s. Then I had a chilly 3 miler and a soppy, cold 5 miler. Speaking of the soppy 5 miler…I did NOT want to do it. I did not want to get wet but once I got out the door and off the porch there was no turning back. I proceeded to run as fast as I could just to get out of it, to get the run over with. It is funny how running 26.2 (or 26.42 as my Garmin put it) in the POURNING RAIN will change your perspective: 5 miles in the rain aint so bad. I mean it’s not good, I did not enjoy it, I didn’t like it but I was SO GRATEFUL it was only 5 miles. I did my 5 in 42:11/8:25 min/mile pace. My best pace was a 6:56 min/mile. I’m pretty sure that was when I thought I should cross the main street and ended up playing frogger with some jerk going 90 mph around a bend…yeah, I picked up the pace to get across the street so I wouldn’t end up being the equivalent of a squished salamander.
Anyway, I think I’ve got my pace back, for the most part. We will see how tomorrow goes: 15 miles with Breaking Pace keeping me company. Speaking of Breaking Pace, somehow she managed to convince me to do a cross-fit workout in her garage. I am in pain. My body is so sore! We did 3 sets of stair master/kettle bell squats/push ups/ leg lifts. Today I can feel it all over especially when I try to sit down. Ouch. Pretty sure we will do it again.
1. If you could eat anything without any health repercussions or guilt, what would your meal be? Chocolate. doesn’t matter, chocolate cake, candy, icing, milk…just straight up chocolate.
2. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be and why? I really don’t care about movie stars and the like. I guess I would really like to meet Grandma’s parents because she is just the nicest, most considerate and genuine person I have ever met in my entire life. I will never meet anyone like her. She sat on the floor for hours playing with her grandkids and now with her great grandkids. She is made of patience. She is like Mother Teresa. I have never heard her angry, frustrated or raise her voice other than to exclaim, “Oh my stars!” when something is shocking. I want lessons from her parents. Or actually lessons from her would be great too…
3. Why did you start blogging and what did you expect when you started? I started blogging in part because I was bored, partly because I wanted to be held accountable for my running, partially because I was inspired by Tall Mom, and partly because I wanted to get free stuff too (not gonna lie).
4. What is the one book you could read over and over again? Um, yeah. I don’t read books twice. Period. Just like I don’t generally watch movies twice. Seems like a waste of time.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Greece by way of a yacht setting sail from south eastern Italy.
6. If you could have a TV show on the Food Network, what would it be? Well, sheesh! Hopefully it is fully scripted and edited because I don’t really cook. I guess it would be a baking show. Maybe Naked Running Chef and I would do pre race meals? Yeah! Now there is an idea! Quick! Someone pitch it!
7. What was the best meal you ever had? When LB and I spent a few weeks in Italy we went with my friend to a pot luck (she and her husband are Italian) and we had all the most amazing, delicious authentic Italian food….my mouth is now salivating.
8. Who has been the greatest influence on your love for food and learning to cook? Hm, don’t' really love to cook but I love me some chocolate cake…..mmmm, chocolate cake……
I think I am supposed to tag 5 others but since I haven’t been able to get around bloggy world this week due to my computer being dead I am not sure who has been tagged. So if you want to participate just feel free to do so! Leave me a comment so I can check out your answers!
Ok, well That is all for now! Off to rest up for tomorrow 15 miles!!!