Thursday, January 31, 2013

Scratch...

And I'm not talking homemade biscuits from scratch, I'm talking running from scratch.

I ran a mile this morning. It was amazing. Amazingly awful. It was cold and windy and stupid outside. I made it about half a mile from the house and thought, "Meh, good run." Turned around and ran home. Something has to change. I need new scenery, a renewed commitment, a treadmill, a race, a goal, and plan.

Well I have begun working on the last three. Thanks to Jolene over at Journey of a Canuck Mom on the Run I have decided to register for the Run Raleigh 1/2 Marathon in April. I think this is just enough time for me to get my rear in gear.

So...
Race:    Run Raleigh 13.1 on 4/14
Goal:     Sub 1:55
Plan:     Hal Higdon Novice I

I think that's a good start....



9 comments:

  1. You can do it! One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was cold windy and stupid here too! I'm NOT a fan of winter. Bleck. You've got time to reach your goal! Sometimes signing up for a race is the boost we need for running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to do the RunRaleigh Half too. It's the 2nd year of the race and I am hoping they changed the course a little since last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hal Higdon's plans,I like it is simple and for some reason they always make me fast. I believe it is the high mileage. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog! Good luck with the half. Hopefully having the race on your calendar will get you pumped for some more chilly runs. Haha. Yeah right, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used many of Hal Higdon's training programs. From a 10K, to half marathon, to marathon. I really like his style.

    Good luck on your goal! Definitely doable!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails