Monday, September 6, 2010

Super Jock n Jill

This morning I could not resist peer pressure.  I haven’t always been so weak….

Jessica, Mel, Jill and I all headed to Woodenville for the annual Super Jock ‘n Jill half marathon and 4.2 mile run. It was a super awesome girls morning out…despite this:

po poApparently it is NOT a good idea to warm up for a race on the highway…the cop was not amused.  I thought for sure he would give a car full of girls a break or a warning or something. Nope. He was hard core.  Whatever.

I ended up running the 4.2, I couldn’t resist! I felt pretty good and wasn't too sore after yesterday’s 18 mile long run.  Plus I wanted to run with my friend Jessica who admits her pace is quite slow. I just wanted to have a nice recovery jog and spend it with a good friend. So that is what I did!

sep 6 2010 jock n jill 015 sep 6 2010 jock n jill 003

I will have to give a full recap tomorrow but for now here are a couple more pics to peak your curiosity…

me and mel 1 2010-09-06 08.35.36 IMG00063-20100906-0838

More tomorrow!

18 comments:

  1. you and your tongue...makes me laugh! glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ROCK! That was so much fun. So happy we all got to do it together...even if I ran a few more miles than you...but you ran 18 yesterday...so you have me there. FUN DAY, FUN FRIENDS! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry 'bout the ticket! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yowsa... sorry abou the ticket! Can't wait to read your recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I want a photo with you.

    Love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun! Are you running the Aflac Irongirl this weekend in Greenlake? I'll be there ~ I'm counting it as my first official 5K. Because, really, last year was so pathetic, I dont' really consider myself to have started running until this year. :)
    Anyway, if you're going to be there let me know, I'd love to actually meet you in person!! (and take one of your famous self portraits!!) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, cops do suck! I got pulled over for doing 30 in a 25. I was PISSED. I think the cop knew she was being a jerk because she only gave me a seat belt ticket. It was still 50 dollars UGH. I'm glad your race felt good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ick! I got to meet a nice WV polic officer thie weekend. Cops are great, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, cop, can't you see that a ticket is not good vibes for a race?! :) Sorry about that...that's ridiculous. Looks like you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the cop incident. I'm glad you ended up going and having a great time. I hope I get a chance to run with you girls again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you all had such fun. Congrats on the race and boo on the cop!

    (New follower here... cute blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a bummer about the cop! Hope the race ended up being fun- looking forward to reading the recap :)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first comment is EXACTLY what I was going to say . . . . you and your tongue . . . too funny.

    Sounds like all the bloggers had a great time. Too bad about the speeding ticket ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh - re. the speeding ticket. One time, during my cancer treatments - I was bald - feeling pretty crappy - I was stopped for speeding and given a ticket . . . not that I expected special treatment . . . but it sure would have been nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Notice Jill and I did not mention the ride in.. I really really appreciate that you drove, it was very relaxing.. And what a FUN RACE! I really will do this annually if we don't have holiday plans...and of course I will think of you..

    Oh time is going by tooo tooo fast, makes me so sad every time I think about it.. Can I jump in on your long run this weekend so we can hang more?? Cause you know 2 days in a row are not enough..

    Next year I will be the front runner in the bikini... LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails