Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Since When?

For real~!? Since when is 4th of July a serious rival to Christmas and Thanksgiving in the FOOD department? I tried hard to reign in the appetite and the eating but there were BBQs, cookies with red, white, and blue stars sprinkled on top of white icing, huge, I mean HUGE corn dogs (see below):

huge corn dog

I truly don’t remember this being a problem in the years past. Thank goodness I was able to get 6 treadmill miles in on Saturday. I took Sunday off and Monday hit the gym hard. I was able to do a 20 min swim, one hour deep water aerobics class then an easy three miles on the treadmill.

At one point, the sun was shining and I headed to my backyard and …

reading in the sun

…got in some good reading about Marathon running!

Photo courtesy of Little Buddy

Today I headed out my door with G.Money set to 10 miles. It was beautiful and sunny, a direct contrast to the weekend’s cloudy, cold weather. I wasn’t sure if I would actually get in 10 miles but I just ran and didn’t really pay attention to my stats. At around 5 miles I fond myself in front of the YMCA so I darted in for some water and decided to head for home. I was straight up BORED. That doesn’t happen too often, thank goodness. I even took a new route running on streets I haven’t really ran before. So why the heck was I bored? I also had a lot to do today so I was just thinking about getting home and getting stuff done.

So today’s stats:

image

I’m ok with my 6.26 miles today. It was a good solid run in the sun!

Stay tuned this week for a book review and a review of my new kicks! That’s right! I’ve got some new digs that make me run real fast! Yipeee!!

Today I am grateful for:

A fun-filled holiday weekend!

My most amazing friends who are there for me no matter what! You guys know who you are! Love you my girls! I am also grateful that all of you will be moving with me to NC in the fall! yep, that’s right girlies, better start packing! =)

15 comments:

  1. I don't think it's about any holiday rivaling another in the food department since all three (4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas) have at least two or three "gots to eat this" foods. No matter how you slice it, we're screwed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one heck of a corn dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the food is way out of control...but does that stop me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one crazy big corn doggie! Yikes!! My guilty pleasure was ice cream...tried to stick to gelato..telling myself it had a little less calories that regular ice cream...self delusion!!
    Life is made so much better with good friends by your side!! Totally know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a FUN weekend, but I hear you on the food! (I had the same struggles with Canada Day). Awesome job on the workouts & run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holiday foods get me every time. I hope your move to NC goes well. I love it here, but I grew up here so I am a little biased. Let me know if I can offer up any suggestions or if you need help with anything NC related. What area are you moving to? I live in Raleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That corn dog kills me! Glad you've had a nice stretch of days and some good running.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad you are moving, as you know. :( But excited for something new for you, your hubs and your litte buddy (whose picture rocks, btw).

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Fourth was so long! I noticed all the eating too! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you LOVE me but I simply cannot move to NC.. HUGS!! Hope you are doing OK today.. That corn dog, hmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup - lot's of food choices over the last looooooooong weekend. I tried everything - but just took small portions.

    NC is quite a move - from one side of the country to the other . . . but a girl has to do what a girl has to do. It sounds like you have been thinking about this for a long time. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job on the run in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always been a thing in my fam. My parent anniversary is the 3rd and always have a party. But I was good this year. On a diet. :)

    Iv e never seen a corn dog that big.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it just bizarre when you suddenly get bored on runs?! It rarely happens, but I think maybe it is after all that time with great friends and fam you are just ready to keep that rollin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I noticed it too!! Food everywhere! I managed to bring some healthy options to the BBQs and come out unscathed and not a LB heavier, but it's tough! I talked about this on my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails