Thursday, July 29, 2010

I have a hot spot…

…on the bottom of my foot.  What’s up with THAT?  The ball of my right foot felt like it was on fire today during my 6 5.22 mile run.

I had to teach Deep Water Aerobics this morning so my running schedule was thrown all off.  After that I had to get some work done because two part-time, work-from-home-and-some-in-an-office, jobs requires, well…work.  Imagine THAT.  It actually is pretty hard to manage but I am figuring it out, slowly.  And then throw in the Hubs who has been away, marathon training and a mohawk, and I don’t know right from left, up from down, good from evil, light from dark, old from new…you get the point.  I’m ALL over the place.

ANYWAYS, back to my run and the hot spot.  I didn’t get to set out for my 6 miler until 4 o’clock.  NOT my favorite time of day to run. Not by a long shot.  The Hubs got home in time to go with me so I didn’t whine, too much.  We set out with a plan to do 3 and then I would run him home and he would go get LB from daycare while I finished up the last 3.  Good plan, in theory, but not really in actuality.  At about 2.6 miles we decided he would head home and I would turn and go on.  I was jogging along at a slower-than-I-would-like-to-mention pace in the opposite direction of home.  The bottom of my foot felt like it was on fire. I tried to ignore it but it was nagging. So I mentally defeated myself and turned to hit the street that I knew the Hubs would have to drive on to get LB.  It was also  happens to be the road we live on, 1.5 miles from home.

I kept waiting to see the Hubs drive by, speedy as ever with the radio blaring and windows down.  I imagined myself sticking my thumb up and hitching a ride, jumping in at a red light and making all those who witness wonder.  I was daydreaming.  I was willing him to drive by.  But he didn’t.  I got to thinking about it and doing the math/time in my head, there is NO way he already had time to get home and get in his car and drive to and from daycare. No way. NO WAY!!!  Crud!  Dang!  Nope, there is no way BECAUSE I HAVE THE HOUSE KEY IN MY AWESOME HAT POCKET (I still love that hat by the way HERE).  Poor LB, I knew he was going to be close to the last one to leave. I never leave him there that late, especially in the summer.

My daydream of jumping in the Hub’s car after only running 4.5 miles came to a screeching halt.  My second daydream of walking home straight up hit a brick freakin wall. I had to run. I had to get home so I could let the Hubs in the house.  I was thinking of all the resourceful ways a man of his ingenuity could come up with to get into the house…but alas, as I got closer to home I saw him walking towards me.

I ended my run half because I was tired, half because I was hot, half because I had a hot spot on my foot, and half because my Hubs was locked out of the house and needed to go pick up LB.  That’s a lot of halves. I know, I never said I was good at math.

Today I ran 5.22 miles at 8:55 pace.  I guess I’ll shoot for 4 tomorrow instead of 3. 

And because it is starting to grow on me, here is Lazy Dog, LB and the Mohawk:

mohawk and car

I will embrace the hawk.  I will hope that it will grow out and he will never ask for another one again. I would much rather him have it now, at 5 than 16.  Either way, he’s still a good boy, I just get some looks at the grocery store, or anywhere for that matter.  People judge.  Oh well…. =)

10 comments:

  1. The heck with people if they judge your son's hair, he's adorable and you're great. Keep up the running, "hot" foot and all.
    Cheers from Alaska,
    Cinthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm OK with the hawk as long as it's not on the dog since the dog really has no choice in the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hawk is cute....I don't judge!!
    As for 5.22 at 8:55, I think that rocks, but what do I know?? The hot spot? Hope it feels better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Hawk looks cute!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "math" - it works for me. ;)

    The hair
    IS
    awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a great mom for letting him have that mohawk. What is the harm anyway? Plus, he looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the mohawk is pretty cute :). sorry about your foot- hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mohawk is adorable and will be WONDERFUL footage at his wedding! LOL. I got a stupid hot spot on my right foot today too!!! What is up with that? If you get any feedback on that, please post about it! Is it my stupid moisture wicking socks not keeping up? Been happy with my asics...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is well after the fact, but I saw the hawk and couldn't resist checking it out.

    I don't know what you're saying - "hope that it will grow out and he will never ask for another one again." The hawk is AWESOME!!! I've personally had two of them myself. Once while in college and again in grad school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you know that you can shorten your urls with BCVC and receive cash from every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails