Friday, March 5, 2010

Training is Hard

Tonight's post is going to be short. Today's plan called for 8 miles. I thought I could do it. I thought I had enough time to get my Little Buddy to preschool and get back home in time to to head out for 8 miles and still get to work on time, and I did. I had just enough time if I kept my pace around 9:15/mile or under. I set out and could tell I was tired and it took a bit of time to warm up. I quickly began talking myself out of 8 miles and into 4 miles, tomorrow's distance. I must be so weak minded. Or I guess I could turn it to a positive and say I am so persuasive, I should have been a lawyer...4 miles it was. My hip was hurting from the first quarter mile on and it was pretty bad, so bad I have decided to see a doctor.

I am not sure if I will be able to get my 8 miles in tomorrow, treadmill style of course since it is the weekend. I will give it a try and see how the hip holds up.

Marathon training is hard, in case any of you were wondering. I sometimes sit on the floor to work with clients and getting up I feel like I am 70 years old. My body is stiff and sore and often creaks and cracks. When I up out of chairs or hobble down stairs my friends and co-workers give me a hard, joking time, "And you are going to run a Marathon!" I am sure they question whether or not I can actually even make it to my car much less run 26.2 miles. On top of the wear and tear on the body marathon training is time consuming. I think it is like a full-time job, now if only I could turn those miles into $$$$.

Today's Stats:
Mile 1 8:33
Mile 2 8:45
Mile 3 8:48
Mile 4 8:46
Total time: 34:59
Calories: 477
Half mile walk home: I have no idea how long it took.

Don't forget to enter my More Cowbell Giveaway!!! HERE!

Today I am grateful for:
Hope.
Love.
Smiles.
Dreams.

11 comments:

  1. look at those times ! I am proud! You are doing great! I am glad you going to the doctor about your hip wow just saw all your followers impressive! oh btw... I wanted to say I can't keep up with speedy mcspeedster but track days i can be there and maybe I can bike alongside one of these days for long run or watch LB... Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it! Hang in there girl. You are running awesome times even with your hip injury. Sounds like you are pushing yourself too hard mentally, physically, emotionally. Take a break and give yourself some credit. You are amazing to be doing everything you are doing right now. Sending you happy thoughts for a restful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - you really do have to listen to your body.

    There are times when we are simply dogging it and really don't have an excuse. Then it is time to preserver and push through the issues (which are usually in our minds). But there are times when something is hollering at you - like your hip - and you need to stop and listen.

    It sounds like you are listening and taking action. Don't get down on yourself for that. Marathon running is hard on your body.

    Have a great weekend.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard. That's why not everybody can do it, right? I think the hardest thing is time management. Hope you go to the doctor and figure that hip out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with the hip, you still make such good time. If only I can be like you ...
    Sometimes, I think it is important to just run - no time, no goal. Just run and soak up the sun, sand, wind, and whatever that comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

    Your times are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to preach, but listen to your body. I didn't and now I am sidelined. It sucks...if you must rest, rest! And look into some ART :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly put out amazing times...it's hard to believe you are in pain when you run. I'm glad you're getting this checked out, it's sort of sticking around a little too long :(
    Fingers crossed!! Hopefully, it's nothing a few exercises can't fix quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your hip gets better! Along with onelittletrigirl am sidelined with a hip injury :( Not fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there! Hope you feel better soon!

    BTW - you are super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to turn my miles into money too!!! I totally understand how you are feeling. I hope the hip feels better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails