Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Running In Circles....

....it gets a little bit old. 

Sunday I ran so many circles I covered 3.54 miles. And yes, that means I didn't Run Naked and used my Nike app to track my distance. What can I say, I couldn't help it. I needed to know! But the awesome news is that just moments ago my new FitBit arrived at my house and I am like a kid on Christmas morning and cannot wait to go home and get it! 

It is just waiting for me to come home and get it!

Anyway, I ran circles Sunday and used my Tabata App to help me stay on track with the prescribed Run 2 minutes then Walk 2 min.  The plan called for 6 rounds but I had time to kill and figured 10 rounds would be fun. But I didn't want to venture out too far from where I was running since it was kind of stormy and LB was doing his CrossFit On-Ramp class there at the gym.


Oklahoma Summer Storm Sky
Timer Pro App

So I ran circles. A lot of them. 

And then this morning I found a nice street in the neighborhood behind mine that has the slightest bit of incline, hard to come by around here, and ran circles around the small block. This morning though I only had time for 6 rounds of the 2 min Run/2 min Walk and only covered 2 miles in 24 min.

I can see potential with this plan. Although the walk gets shorter and the run gets longer but I like the idea of playing with the pace and speed and getting more of a Fartlek type of workout in. It is reminding me a lot of my Run Less Run Faster plan from back in the day. Where you don't have to spend a lot of time running but when you do run you run faster, intervals and sprints. It works. 

I am enjoying getting back in the swing of things and it helps that the time spent is manageable. I can still get the kiddo on the bus, run, and get home in time to get dressed for work. I have about 20 minutes to get ready but seriously, that is enough time. So far so good....I'm still at it and adding a piece of tech equipment is only going to help! 

Off to take an early lunch and grab my new toy!


1 comment:

  1. If you're trying hard to lose pounds then you need to start following this brand new custom keto meal plan.

    To create this keto diet service, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional cooks joined together to develop keto meal plans that are productive, convenient, money-efficient, and fun.

    Since their grand opening in 2019, 1000's of clients have already remodeled their figure and health with the benefits a good keto meal plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones offered by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails