Thursday, January 19, 2017

Put in the werk, werk, werk....

...and you will see a change. This is 100% true. I don't know what kind of change you will see....but you WILL see a change.

The changes that come with living an active and healthy lifestyle aren't always in the waistline or size of your clothes. While those changes are awesome those aren't the ones I seek. Those aren't the ones that keep me going, time after time, to the gym, mile after mile down the road. The changes that keep me going are the ones I feel on the inside, physically and emotionally. 

Just before Christmas one of the coaches at the gym released some stats. If you know me you know I love LOVE LOVE stats....and I was floored when I saw them. Last year I attended 167 crossfit classes. 167! I think that is a lot considering the significant work that goes into a crossfit class. My girl Kristy was the female leader with 181 classes!! And Brandi was second with 170! I was a close third for attendance. Also, if you know me you know I have a slight competitive side. I didn't know this was being logged and monitored but you better believe in 2017 I know.....

Another stat that tickled me pink was the PR Leaderboard....all my runner readers, we know what PR means....I lead the females in PR's in 2016. And was third overall in the gym including dudes. So I was better than myself 65 times. 65 times I pushed myself and did more, heavier, or faster....and that is awesome! 


Starting anything new is hard. But if you put in the time and the work it gets easier. It may even become fun! And then it just becomes a part of your day-to-day and it is no longer new. When people say, "Yeah but.....I can't because....it's hard for me...." I get it. I used to think I couldn't too....I used to have every reason under the sun why I couldn't do something or that it was harder for me for some reason. But the truth is once I decided  I made it happen and it was no longer became an option. We all have busy lives, hectic schedules,  health problems, kids, jobs,  mortgages....whatever.... excuses.  Find something that interests you and do it! It doesn't have to be CrossFit or running marathons! It could be frisbee golf or tennis, or yoga, or power walking. It could be jazzercizing or swimming. It doesn't even matter. You have the ability to make it a part of your life and you will not be sorry..... You will see how it changes you, slowly from the inside out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails