Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Amanda is:

…going to run my 3 miler at 8 P.M.

Oh wait, this isn’t Facebook. My bad.

What a day. My to do list is dwindling, thank goodness, and one thing that I have to do today is run 3 miles. I’m running out of time…I hate that my runs this week are stressing me out. I have been non stop ALL day until right now. I literally just walked in the door.  I know that I need to run, I need to burn off about 14 TONS of frustration.  Moving sucks.  Wrapping up my life stinks. Saying goodbye is no fun…nothing about this is easy. I don’t know what to think about: That bag of who-knows-what by the couch, the mess that is my son’s room, all the food that the movers wont touch, or the pile of stuff in my driveway OR oh yeah….Portland.

I have momentary, fleeting daydreamy thoughts about Portland.  About how I am looking forward to just being out there on the course lost in my own head running. Fleeting thoughts about how by the end of the marathon my only worry will be making it from point A to point B. I am ready for that. I am ready for all this other stuff to be behind me. I’m NOT ready to leave my friends behind, I’m just ready to have the weight of the world off my shoulders.  This has been a long time coming and I am simply tired.

Ok, enough woe-is-me…I need to go run.

11 comments:

  1. All this would be so much easier if you didn't leave! I'm just saying!! If you must I guess I understand! Let me know how I can help! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lesser person (me) would have let running go by the wayside. Pretty awesome that you are locked onto your goal like a pit bull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RUN you clearly NEED it.. I am sad to read this because I so wish I could help make things all better. But the harsh reality is that we are grown ups and grown ups have to make tough choices, clean, pack, stack, shift, hobble, crawl, lift and MOVE!! When all the moving is done I hope you can find peace and the zen of running returns..

    For now you are READY!! Dont let these little mile beat you up.. Dinner Saturday? My class ends at 5pm at the Hilton

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously want to cry...I'm sad. Glad that after Sunday...life well get a little easier...in one sense, you will be done packing.

    Can't wait to see you and so glad you are running on Sunday. I can't believe all you have done this week. I'm going to miss you my T-town buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. almost cried reading this.. hope the plant is in the don't touch pile still.:) I will miss you so much. Glad I get to see you one more time and glad to be able to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As hard as it is to leave now, surely you know they will always be there for you and that there are new running buddies just waiting to make your acquaintance! God puts people in your life for a reason, both the ones you are leaving and the ones you have yet to meet! You certainly know how to take things on with a vengence! Your move will make the marathon seem like a piece of cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. having literally moved cross country almost exactly one year ago...i totally feel your pain and joy and all that stuff in between

    ReplyDelete
  8. run amanada run! hang in there! hope to see you at the bloggy meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :( totally feel your pain (having moved/left behind friends recently)

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing. I have no idea how you are doing this and running portland!! Rockstar. Sunday will be your 2nd marathon in a week!! :) Good luck and I'm hoping to stop by the restaurant if my nieces bday party doesn't go too late.

    ReplyDelete

You're pretty much awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails